Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
glasgow_school_art_aw120609_10.jpg

I like the modernist bits like these oriel windows quite Bauhaus but 10 years earlier. That's why it's so famous.

Lavender Rose

Specialized Fan Girl
I feel for you .

I used feel a similar way working on Bank Holidays . Muttering under my breath. ,". Haven't you all got homes to go to ? "

Yup...I have worked in retail for a while and I always get lumped with bank holidays etc, all because I don't have kids - I still have a family....jeeeez! I might just adopt a kid to get extra perks :whistle::laugh:

No thanks - I have no interest in having children. But I will adopt one for the random occasions I need to leave work or get out of stuff :whistle::wahhey:
Ah, I maybe wouldn't recommend it then. I've got two, and don't get to do that.

Mind, they're dead handy if you want to spend a lot of time in playbarns and parks. And I discovered that when you visit York Minster with Small People you can lie down on the floor in the middle of the aisle for 20 minutes to look at the amazing ceilings without getting a crick in your neck and people carefully walk around you with indulgent smiles saying 'ah, bless!' rather than nearly treading on you and calling you a nutter, like when you do it not in the company of children.

OP
OP
Katherine

Katherine

Guru
Sad to see the Glasgow School of Art fire this morning.
It looks like a total loss atm..
No casualties thankfully

Sad news about the Glasgow School of Art up in flames again .

Hope it can be saved but may come down to money
What a shame!

Speicher

Vice Admiral
If you do not have children and you sit on a bench in Temple Meads Station when it is very busy, and you have a very large teddy bear with you, no one sits next to you on the bench, even though every other bench is fully occupied.

However, if Ted gets on the train without a ticket, and occupies a seat, he will be asked to leave at the next station.

Top Bottom