Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I’m going to make some flapjack today for the Tuesday night after work pub ride.

Four of us normally go out for about 40-50 miles and then stop close to home for some post-ride banter and a couple of beers.

It’s been decided that we’re going to take it in turns to make some flapjack for consumption prior to the ride.

I’m thinking...

Crushed pecans
Maple syrup
Chopped dates

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
Mr R’s family are coming round later, together with a couple of our neighbours, to celebrate my father-out-law’s birthday.

I have new bottles of Norwegian and Canadian gins to try out...
Full report of the Gin tasting please.

Serge

Über Member
I’m going to make some flapjack today for the Tuesday night after work pub ride.

Four of us normally go out for about 40-50 miles and then stop close to home for some post-ride banter and a couple of beers.

It’s been decided that we’re going to take it in turns to make some flapjack for consumption prior to the ride.

I’m thinking...

Crushed pecans
Maple syrup
Chopped dates
Nice. Can I come?

rikki

Legendary Member
Thanks for reminding me to go and do some laundry.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
You could always make out that you haven't quite got the hang of lighting a fire using sticks and would he show you again ?

Yes, I would like to be able to do that. He could also show me how to make a canoe, and how to carve an oar and a wooden spoon. Then we could make an underground oven to bake some bread and flapjacks. Not sure if I would enjoy Nettle tea, but who knows?

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I had to rescue a young Blackbird that Schrodie had brought into the kitchen. I managed to catch it and took it outside and threw it up in the hedge where In hope it is out of the way of the cats . I'm not sure if it was where the bird came from but at least it is out of the way .

I tried warning off Schrodie with my water pistol .
We had a young one fly into the Porch window a few days ago, luckily we saw it and got to it before any Cat saw it. I plonked it in the hedge too.

I am all Le Mans-ed out.

Had the live tv on Quest, but tbh, much preferred tuning in to Radio Le Mans, coupled with a text commentary feed on the Autosport website and the WEC's own live timing.

Top Bottom