Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
I'll bet!

classic33

Leg End Member
I'm shattered ! I've just been out and cut our front lawn with some shears. I had to go over it twice as it was so long. I didn't find the Cyclechat sheep but I found Ray Mears was filming a new survival series next to the Yukka and Rose bush .

I picked some strawberries whilst I was out so I could replenish my energy .
Why didn't you just cut it short the first time.

I'm shattered ! I've just been out and cut our front lawn with some shears. I had to go over it twice as it was so long . I didn't find the Cyclechat sheep but I found Ray Mears was filming a new survival series next to the Yukka and Rose bush .

I feel your pain xxx

Speicher

Vice Admiral
I'm shattered ! I've just been out and cut our front lawn with some shears. I had to go over it twice as it was so long . I didn't find the Cyclechat sheep but I found Ray Mears was filming a new survival series next to the Yukka and Rose bush .

If Ray Mears needs another location, for wandering around wearing his shorts, then he could visit my garden. The one drawback is that I would not allow him to leave.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
It is 92F here, or 32C , with a heat index of 37C. At just after 1 p.m.. Believe I'll hide out indoors.

Football on the telly, radio le mans on the lappy, plus a :cuppa: and a bowl of snacks.

Yeah, similar afternoon for me, except I had the cricket on the radio while watching the footie.

I put the kiss of death on Argentina by putting £10 on them at 10-1 to win the cup.

Also put £10 on Germany at 5-1, so don’t expect anything miraculous from them tomorrow.

This was the first time I’ve been in a bookmakers since 1994 when I put £10 on Italy at 6-1, who then went on to lose on penalties in the final. :banghead:

Apparently, Roberto Baggio’s penalty kick still hasn’t landed and is currently orbiting Jupiter.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
[QUOTE 5278911, member: 10119"]Ah, I maybe wouldn't recommend it then. I've got two, and don't get to do that.

Mind, they're dead handy if you want to spend a lot of time in playbarns and parks. And I discovered that when you visit York Minster with Small People you can lie down on the floor in the middle of the aisle for 20 minutes to look at the amazing ceilings without getting a crick in your neck and people carefully walk around you with indulgent smiles saying 'ah, bless!' rather than nearly treading on you and calling you a nutter, like when you do it not in the company of children.[/QUOTE]

There are a lot of ceilings worth looking at.

Yesterday I got some grit in my right eye, preparing the 3rd bedroom ceiling for plastering. Today, I got some lime plaster in it. That smarted, somewhat. I'm looking forward to not waking up with crusty eye lashes one of these days.

And one that clearly will be in the future.

Last edited:
Top Bottom