Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Asa Post

Super Iconic Legend
I have received my usual birthday message from my brother-in law, about the baseball season. We always give each other a hard time about the league standings. His team is first in National League Central, but mine is second.
Cubs and Cards, huh? And not quite first and second any more, after the Reds came through in extra innings.

I watched the Cubs beat the Phillies on Sunday. I don't think you can catch them.

A wild card is possible, but the Rockies are closing in. You really need to beat the Nationals today, which shouldn't be too difficult, even with Scherzer pitching.

tyred

Legendary Member
I've broken a spoke on my Brompton :sad:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Whoops, snapped chain. Decided to oil the MTB from the weekend ride, and I may just have ridden at least 10 miles on half an attached link. New chain ordered, but I feel it may get expensive and a new 10 speed cassette might be needed !

D

Deleted member 1258

I'm back ! We had a lovely time down in Bournemouth in the hot sun watching the aircraft. Saturday was really busy and we had a chance to see 2 peeps demonstrating those jet pack things. They flew from Bournemouth pier towards Boscombe , but then it was a case of . Ooh! He's fallen in the wahtah!
Sunday wasn't as busy but was hotter. There was plenty of space on the beach which seemed unusual for a Bournemouth Air Festival. We normally get hemmed in. It might have been due tonthe Red Arrows not being there.
I now have to wash my car as some birds have autographed it! :angry:

I had my car autographed by the local birds a few weeks ago, trouble was they had been at the local berries, my nice shiny white car ended up sporting large purple spots like it had gone down with some nasty disease, and they were a bugger to wash off.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Rejoice......just rejoice.......

It has returned.
P1030694 (2).JPG

BTW, it seems that somebody stole the fridge magnet.:sad:

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Small coloured tie wraps, in odd/hard to replace easily colours. Fasten the zippers together, easy tell if anyone has opened it then.
My sister worked as cabin crew for BA for her entire working life. Back in the early days, when baggage handlers had a certain reputation, BA staff didn't bother to lock their cases. They just left a note inside marked "Crew".

Top Bottom