Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I yawned sixteen times in yesterdays meeting, at an average of 3 1/2 minute intervals.

perplexed

Guru
Please provide progress reports through the day.

My right ankle was crossed over my left.

In order to remedy my traumatic trouser hitch emergency, I uncrossed my ankles and then used my left heel to gently push the aforementioned offending trouser leg down, to its correct position.

I do not anticipate any further concerns due to my shifted position, I hope this allays any concerns the collective may have on this matter...

MikeG

Guru
Morning. I wonder what the severe damage to the overhead rail power supply at Ealing was caused by?

Overhead rail? Is that where rails are supposed to be? Overhead? I wonder if they've fully thought that one through. Rails are, afterall, rather heavy, and heads are actually rather soft. Is this just a modern-day sword of Damocles?

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
Overhead rail? Is that where rails are supposed to be? Overhead? I wonder if they've fully thought that one through. Rails are, afterall, rather heavy, and heads are actually rather soft. Is this just a modern-day sword of Damocles?

I think it's a perfectly sensible idea to hang trains from overhead rails, at least from a safety point of view. The stress levels of train drivers is among the highest of any profession worldwide. How do you think you'd cope having to steer a train along those thin little rails on the ground. Very little, nay, no room for error. I'm surprised there are not more derailments.

Last edited:
I think it's a perfectly sensible idea to hang trains of overhead rails, at least from a safety point of view. The stress levels of train drivers is among the highest of any profession worldwide. How do you think you'd cope having to steer a train along those thin little rails on the ground. Very little, nay, no room for error. I'm surprised there are not more derailments.
They don't even provide them with a steering wheel! :eek:

MikeG

Guru
Whatever and wherever the rails are they don't seem to be letting on as to what has happened.

I'm not completely certain as to how we can expect rails to "let on" anything at all. Communication isn't the first thing one thinks of when someone mentions rails. In fact, collectively, rails seem rather good at keeping schtum.

OP
OP
Katherine

Katherine

Guru
I think it's a perfectly sensible idea to hang trains from overhead rails, at least from a safety point of view. The stress levels of train drivers is among the highest of any profession worldwide. How do you think you'd cope having to steer a train along those thin little rails on the ground. Very little, nay, no room for error. I'm surprised there are not more derailments.

They don't even provide them with a steering wheel! :eek:

We have a guided busway near us instead of the tramway system like the rest of Manchester.
I was explaining to someone that the driver didn't have to steer the buses between the rails but still had to control the speed and braking like a tram. The person concerned was gob smacked, not ever having realised that trains and trams weren't steerable!!

I waited in for my parcel to arrive but had to go out for my therapy in the afternoon, and that is the time they deciced to deliver it! :angry: As the parcel was sent signed for they have taken it back with them! :angry: They have also improved the system from where you could go and collect your item that you missed to one which now has to go back and be logged into the system! :angry: Which means I will now have to wait until tomorrow to go and collect. :angry:
Yes I understand the frustration! My new Echo Dot has been delivered to a neighbour, Amazon have informed me. They forgot to say which one.
Walking up and down our row of terraced houses shouting, "Alexa, where are you?" has thus far failed to locate said device.

Top Bottom