Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I was born in a prefab, and lived there until I was six or seven. I don't remember it being damp (or, more accurately, I don't remember my parents complaining about it being damp) but it was cold. Paraffin heater in the kitchen for the winter, and the bedrooms used to get ice patterns on the inside of the windows.
The council made us move out because the prefabs were going to be demolished - and they were, about 30 years later. We got a nice brand-new council semi instead, so Mum was quite pleased about it.

and @Illaveago I lived in a Pre-Fab from 3 months old until about 5 or 6 years old, in Canterbury. I remember bits of it.

I switched the wheels on my CAADX commuter on Sunday to those with my new studded tyres as the forecast was for ice this week.

Needless to say, it wasn’t icy.

What it was, was bloody hard work. :crazy:

The studs made the bike sound like a Panzer tank sweeping through Belgium.

Several riders I passed were casting nervous glances over their shoulders at my approach.:laugh:

Too much like hard work though. Definitely not worth it even for the comedy value. I’m switching the faster wheels back in the morning if there’s no ice.

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
Well, it's been a very cold and wet night here. The dogs only went out for two minutes when I got up and I don't blame them! The Met Office says it'll be dry today though and I'm hoping for a ride later today on the new (to me) Fuji. I haven't had chance to go out on it yet since picking it up on Thursday. I would have liked to have gone out on it yesterday morning, but still have the pulled muscle in my neck - it's improved quite a bit so I thought I would test the waters today.
Well, I haven’t managed to get out on a ride today. Too much to do including nearly 3 hours to thoroughly clean the kids’ bikes after a very muddy CX race. After the upcoming final race on Saturday, I’m going to have to degrease the chains to get them sparklingly clean.

classic33

Leg End Member
So looking forward to spring

Please tell me it’s soon!
Crystal ball.png

I switched the wheels on my CAADX commuter on Sunday to those with my new studded tyres as the forecast was for ice this week.

Needless to say, it wasn’t icy.

Of course not: that's how they work.

The studs made the bike sound like a Panzer tank sweeping through Belgium.

Never thought of that. I'll have to keep clear of the border...

postman

Legendary Member
Well he has been and gone a new pump fitted free of charge.We have been advised to have a power flush of the system so i have booked one for two weeks time,the central heating not me.Shame the problem started again tonight,not fixed.But we will have the flush then go on from there.

Top Bottom