Mundane News

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Katherine, 1 Nov 2016.

1. Speicher

Speicher Vice Admiral Moderator

There was a question on "Pointless" this afternoon, "D'you know the capitol of Alaska?

For the benefit of our foreign correspondents, "Pointless" is a light-hearted quiz with the lovely :wub: Alexander Armstrong.

Katherine likes this.
  2. roadrash

roadrash cycle chatterer

is the answer....A

3. Reynard

Reynard Veteran

Juneau, I believe.

The result of too many hours binge watching "Deadliest Catch" :blush:

Gravity Aided and classic33 like this.
  4. Asa Post

Asa Post Small lungs, weak legs

That's what @Speicher said:
    "D'you know the capitol of Alaska?

Do try and keep up ^_^

Katherine and Speicher like this.
  5. classic33

classic33 Legendary Member

Maybe...
    ahalifax-1.jpg

6. classic33

Correct answer is Yes or No.

Slioch likes this.
  7. MikeG

MikeG Guru

No, no. That'd have to hurt.

classic33 likes this.
  8. classic33

No one complained it did.

Edited to add
    Why are you bothered about it hurting, you'll not feel a thing.

Last edited: 11 Jan 2019
    roadrash likes this.
  9. deptfordmarmoset

deptfordmarmoset Full time tea drinker

Their customer satisfaction surveys were rather unconvincing though.

classic33 likes this.
  10. classic33

A certain French man thought it was rather good. He'd a working model made locally, before fleeing for his life.

An early form of copyright as it were.

deptfordmarmoset likes this.
  11. Speicher

This evening's programme of Great Railway Journeys covered bit of Canada nearest to Alaska, the Yukons.

A nugget of an idea has started in my brainbox. Many years ago, I travelled across Canada by train from Toronto to Vancouver, then bus to Seattle, and onwards by train to Los Angeles. I would like to visit Canada again to see more of the Eastern Coast. I could then fly to Vancouver, and visit more of British Columbia. I did part of the journey north by train from Vancouver, but because of the very heavy rain threatening to wash away the railway, I only got as far as Lillouette, rather than the planned Prince Edward.

Somewhere north of Vancouver, I could go as far as possible by train, and then into Alaska. Juneau looked picturesque, and I have always the First Nation Heritage looks very interesting in that part of the world.

The first step is to renew my Passport. In the meantime, I have ordered a copy of Jack London's short stories, "To Build a Fire".

12. postman

postman Legendary Member

Back from Edinburgh.Another great stay at the Braid Hills Hotel braid-hills-hotel-grounds-and-hotel-44-83463.jpg They must love us.We got an upgrade for nothing this visit,we got a bed,rather than the clothes line.Only kidding i love this Hotel.Breakfast is superb.Haggis again with scrambled egg and pork sausage,best banger i have had in a very long time.And the latte is to die for.

13. Speicher

14. LeetleGreyCells

LeetleGreyCells Reinvented for 2019 - Formerly RealLeeHimself

I had a problem with my road bike that I couldn’t fix myself (normally try to do everything myself) so took it to the LBS, not part of a chain, just one chap with a little shop in the village. He sells a lot of second hand bikes including vintage. He had one bike in there that was absolutely beautiful. It was a vintage Raleigh, brushed steel with brass components - integrated stem, chain set, brake levers, downtube gear levers, brake callipers - all in brass. Black frame. Unfortunately, it was a size small and I need a large/extra large. It was one of those bikes, that you’d buy no matter what your other half said. It was perfection.

/* Sigh */
    :wub::sad:

Last edited: 11 Jan 2019
  15. Speicher

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice