Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Katherine

Katherine

Guru
I am designing a dining table I will be making for us later this year, and I thought I would seek guidance from the mundane community. It's a big oak table (seating 8 ordinarily, 10 with an extension), in a Jacobean style. Please choose from these pedestal ends:

View attachment 448239

View attachment 448240

These are the accompanying chairs, which will be upholstered in a heavy tapestry-like fabric, or leather. You can see the heavy old look I am trying to achieve.

View attachment 448241
F

It makes spring so much better, though.
Absolutely! I almost saw the sun this morning!

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I've just had a pot of Tesco's original loose leaf tea. Second pot of the day.

I do have loose tea as well. Use one of those single mug infusers most times.

After dad passed away, I cleared out some stuff, and found a job lot of loose tea in catering-sized tins. That I had to open with a can opener. Labels all gone so no idea what it is, but the stuff is eminently drinkable. It is very robust though, so you don't want to let it steep for too long.

I am partial to Waitrose Assam loose leaf yum!

I have some of that in the cupboard :biggrin:

I’m partial to the occasional pot of Assam tea, I recently bought some loose leaf Earl Grey, very good it is too, not the very best quality, but very nice. Linky

Oooops, I might have eaten a bit too much. :surrender:

The roasties were lush; crispy on the outside, gloriously fluffy on the inside. But then again, I did use Maris Pipers, rolled them in polenta and then cooked them in dripping. :hungry:

I might also have burnt my tongue while biting into one I'd nicked from the dish. :blush:
Yep, Maris all the way! I parboil mine for 6 mins, good shake then reapply the potato goo that sticks to the pot, then cooked in a mixture of butter (or more usually clover) and EV olive oil

Mmmm, I only use oil when making parmentier potatoes - rape seed oil that's had an inordinate amount of garlic cloves added to the bottle.

Dripping is the bees' knees for roasties IMHO. Goose fat is overrated.

I will confess that I buy the really cheap sausages on YS just to get the dripping off them. The sausages... Well a friend's cat likes them... Mine will only eat the poncy sausages.

MikeG

Guru
Yep, Maris all the way! I parboil mine for 6 mins, good shake then reapply the potato goo that sticks to the pot, then cooked in a mixture of butter (or more usually clover) and EV olive oil

For very best extra special roast potatoes, special occasion only......par boil them the day before, then leave them uncovered in the fridge overnight. They dry out beautifully, meaning they're crispy as anything on the outside when roasted the following day (duck fat or beef dripping, with mixed herbs, salt and pepper, and a dash of Cayenne pepper).

Olive oil is bad news for roast potatoes, in my view. I don't believe it cooks hot enough, and can burn. I save olive oil for stuff that isn't cooked, these days.

Top Bottom