Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Decathlon MTB shorts @Reynard, or look for sales - yes some of the colours are mad. It's black or black for me. I do have a red pair of waterproof MTB shorts, but they were on a big discount.

I'm another one for black or black. Or at a pinch, dark grey.

Alas, Decathlon only do mens "proper" MTB shorts. The ladies' ones have more in common with hot pants. :angry: Otherwise Decathlon would have been my first port of call.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Well I know next to nothing about car stuff but that's what the lady on the phone called them. I'll see what's on the invoice when they finally bring my car back. Should be anytime now...
What the 'glow plugs' do is they literally 'glow' red hot when you first turn the key in order to preheat the air directly behind the inlet valve, they switch off after about 10 seconds (often with a beep or a warning light going out) to let you know when to crank the engine over*
With Diesel engines being compression ignition the air needs to be very hot to initiate combustion.

* Although TBH most people forger about this and just crank the motor until it eventually fires up cos they're used to petrol engines.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Last edited:
Those are the ones I'm on about - they're ridiculously, well, short. :sad: They only reach to upper thigh - have tried them on previously. I'm after something knee length.

When you've got wobbly bits that are best kept under wraps... :whistle:

I refuse to wear anything shorter than 3/4 length cargo shorts, even in Japan. I am well aware of my responsibilities to society.

Last edited:
Meanwhile, watching England v Japan, England are rattled, even though a goal up.

They've just realised there are actually 22 Japanese players, but half of them are Ninjas.

Top Bottom