Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Got to sneak my bike in the front door of work tomorrow. We have an 'activity' week for all staff. You can pick stuff like, origami, knitting, massage, cooking, or if like me, two hours mountain biking....

It's from 2pm till 4 pm, but I'm not leaving a decent MTB in works parking with nice removable parts like expensive 'dropper' seat posts that I can't run a cable through.

Managed to get the bike in the front door, wheel it along the Italian stone floor, into the lift, up 4 floors, over to my office and through it into the store roof. Did get a few funny looks in the office 'you didn't see it was my response'. Did have to pull up outside the multi-storey, get bike off room, lock it to a bike stand in the car park, then park car and retrieve bike !!

Last edited:
I have now fitted and adjusted my new bike stand.

Non bike stand users may not know this but the top of the stand which is held against the bike generally has little metal points to help it grip.

The old stand was so old these had worn off...

classic33

Leg End Member
Managed to get the bike in the front door, wheel it along the Italian stone floor, into the lift, up 4 floors, over to my office and through it into the store room. Did get a few funny looks in the office 'you didn't see it was my response'. Did have to pull up outside the multi-storey, get bike off room, lock it to a bike stand in the car park, then park car and retrieve bike !!
Just the one question.

How'd you carry the car on the bike?

classic33

Leg End Member
Why the cash bar, no refreshments served?

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
BTW, if you really want to see something scary, look at the ground near New Madrid, Missouri.
th?id=OIP.jpg
From the web.

Very active fault line to this day. The last big one felt here was in the early 80's, I think. My Dad jumped out of his chair yelling "earthquake" but I was already running, and we were outside before it hit our house. We both share a trait that allows us to feel the "A" wave , or precursor, of an earthquake. It feels like an electric shock. Not enough to do any apparent damage, although the block basement of the house needed steel reinforcement. Mostly wood houses in my old neighborhood, now I know why.

Last edited:

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Managed to get the bike in the front door, wheel it along the Italian stone floor, into the lift, up 4 floors, over to my office and through it into the store roof. Did get a few funny looks in the office 'you didn't see it was my response'. Did have to pull up outside the multi-storey, get bike off room, lock it to a bike stand in the car park, then park car and retrieve bike !!

Just the one question.

How'd you carry the car on the bike?

He has a room on his car that contains a bike.

Top Bottom