Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
He just doesn't have room or inclination until September, as the climate here is still quite warm then.
Speaking of climate, I was wondering if you all would like some portable air conditioner units sent over.
P.S.- Your trains aren't air conditioned? Jaysus. This has to be horrible.
If you could get one here for tomorrow, that would be brilliant. Is it small enough to get into a backpack so I can take it to work when I'm next in on Saturday?

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Power units that don't catch fire? Wow. We try this thing called a separate locomotive. Might look into that. Siemens make most of them on our line, as the state, more than the federal government (irresponsible at best of times, downright loony at this point) does most of the funding for Amtrak around here.
amtrak-siemens-charger-at-normal-uptown-station_edited-1.jpg

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Power units that don't catch fire? Wow. We try this thing called a separate locomotive. Might look into that. Siemens make most of them on our line, as the state, more than the federal government (irresponsible at best of times, downright loony at this point) does most of the funding for Amtrak around here. View attachment 476860
We used to make proper trains here too,

View: https://youtu.be/HFH625LVmno

View: https://youtu.be/jPUy9a3xi4w

Even got a small kitchen near the Engines.

Last edited:
Crikey, I'm glad I use the Little Boys Room. Your version sounds much more dangerous.

:crazy:

I'm sure that has to be fun, especially on a Pacer, which reminds me of a bus on a flat car.

Not far off on the description.

Not far off the construction specifications as I recall, bus on a flat car, designed for ten years of service.

In 1984.

I waited for years for Hornby to bring out their model as a child: I'll go out on a limb here and say I quite liked the 142's , but then I didn't have to commute on one for the last 30 years...

Last edited:
Top Bottom