Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member

classic33

Leg End Member
Here's what happened when we took bus bodies on to the rails, the "Jet Rocket" of the Rock Island Railroad, developed by GM to dissuade railroad ridership. View attachment 476895
Someone elses picture, but looks like Peoria. My Dad rode it a few times. Had a buffet/Lounge with a bar. Not bad for a hundred miles and change trip, but I heard longer sojourns were more problematic. Actually, unlike the GM Aerotrain, this had Talgo bodies.
A bus over there is a coach over here though.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
A bus over there is a coach over here though.
Yeah, we call them a coach when we want to get all "toney" about it. Some bus lines around here are still called stage lines, as well. Those GM Aerotrain coaches were built around city type buses, right down to the forward slanting windows. Talgo ones were better. Rock Island, for a Midwestern (mainly) railroad, did quite a bit of innovating. I may still have some tickets around here.

classic33

Leg End Member
Here's what happened when we took bus bodies on to the rails, the "Jet Rocket" of the Rock Island Railroad, developed by GM to dissuade railroad ridership. View attachment 476895
Someone elses picture, but looks like Peoria. My Dad rode it a few times. Had a buffet/Lounge with a bar. Not bad for a hundred miles and change trip, but I heard longer sojourns were more problematic. Actually, unlike the GM Aerotrain, this had Talgo bodies.
You near the Cat factory?

Bedtime methinks. Via not-so-hot bath.

Nunnight folks.

Top Bottom