Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
It's a lovely Sunday morning and I'm stuck in the office until around 4pm :sad:

On the bright side, the ride in was fantastic with a touch of mist still over the fields first thing, and a new record has been set on the stretch of road between Cobbolds Point and Bath Hill - 12 campervans/caravans parked up overnight for the sea view!

classic33

Leg End Member
3 1/2 hours done. 2 coffees, 1 pint of squash and a banana consumed. 1 inspection report completed and dead paperwork tidied away ahead of having next week off.

5 1/2 hours to go. Nothing else to do apart from eat, drink & watch the traffic go by on the way to and from the Dock Viewpoint. This is going to be a very long day...
A couple of unimportant e-mails, set to send whilst you're away. Make them think you're still there.

A couple of unimportant e-mails, set to send whilst you're away. Make them think you're still there.

With really detailed and obscure questions.

Just sent off an email saying no to a job offer.

I'd have been paid more than I've ever been paid before by a considerable margin but it would have meant living there alone for six months with a five hour one way journey back at weekends, then relocating the entire family if all worked out.

The job looked okay, I know I could do it and the colleagues were great. Unfortunately they were crammed into a tiny set of rooms, which was supposed to be a 'temporary' solution but had been the same for over a year because there was nothing suitable in the area, and everyone had to be very organised and tidy.

Like a lot of very creative people I'm the opposite of organised and tidy: at my last job my desk was rarely visible being hidden under a mass of tools, half finished projects, sketches and occasionally paperwork. This was fine because we had the extra space and my colleagues worked the same way. In this place I'd have just frustrated my Very Organised Colleagues and this wouldn't have been good for the clients who were people with Psychological disabilities.

Back to making applications...

Last edited:

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Nope, everything up to date and I don't want to come back to work a week on Monday and have to pick up on old rubbish.

However, late breaking news - unexpected work! Cargo check & write up which wasted occupied an hour of my time.
Just over 2 1/2 hours to go. Now watching Moto GP on a tablet.

Top Bottom