Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Amazing day, super bike ride and an afternoon of lazing around..Silverstone Moto GP.. Good food and some cold hobgoblin gold.

Peaky Blinders... Perfect

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
I've been to the County of Salop Steam Rally today. Enjoyed it as always, but it was a tad on the warm side.:heat: Mustn't complain though as I've been to my fair share of wet and cold rallies.

Some pics:
P8250078.JPG

Wallis & Steevens pavement roller "Pepperpot", which has been a regular at these shows for as long as I can remember (its first show was the year I was born).

P8250081.JPG

Model U Stanley steam car.

P8250087.JPG

Do you think that supercharger is big enough?:scratch: A somewhat modified Dodge Charger.

P8250088.JPG

This is more my cup of tea. An MG YB saloon.

P8250095.JPG

Austin Metropolitan. One of our attempts to make a car for the American market.

P8250097.JPG

I've known this Austin Six for a long time as it belongs to one of my secondary school teachers who used to use it as his daily driver.

P8250109.JPG

Back to the steam engines as the Grand Parade gets under way.

P8250127.JPG

Lots of things happening at once on this footplate.

P8250129.JPG

An all steam traffic jam as the exhibitors leave the ring.

P8250131.JPG

Shrewsbury-made Sentinel DG8. This is a very rare beast as only 8 were ever built (they showed no real commercial advantage over the 6 wheel version).

gbb

Legendary Member
32 or 33 degrees here today. Felt too hot and it probably got the better of me...I got really quite testy, unusual for me. Grandkids here for the day and tonight....amazing what 1 hour or so in an 8ft paddling pool does for cooling you down. Grandad was shark, kiddos screamed, ran around the pool and rode the sharks back. Felt a lot better after that.

postman

Legendary Member
32 or 33 degrees here today. Felt too hot and it probably got the better of me...I got really quite testy, unusual for me. Grandkids here for the day and tonight....amazing what 1 hour or so in an 8ft paddling pool does for cooling you down. Grandad was shark, kiddos screamed, ran around the pool and rode the sharks back. Felt a lot better after that.

Nowt wrong with being testy.I had a meltdown at the 9-11 memorial,the heat the crowds the constant queuing up one lane down another,the head came off ,and i stormed off to find some shade and a latte ,it worked a treat.Too much heat.

Bike ride plans were shelved. Was simply far too hot.

So I did spend the afternoon sketching - well, doing the drawing for another (smaller) watercolour. I have a lovely framed photo from the 1990 F1 season that's been on my wall for like 25 years, and this is the first time I've ever thought of using it as the basis for a piece of art. :blush:

And I had a lovely supper of whole rainbow trout baked in a parcel (with lemon, parsley, garlic and pepper), lemon & pepper bulgur wheat, fresh watercress and coleslaw, followed by some chilled watermelon. Piggy Reynard. :mrpig:

Indeed. It was an odd experience because it was a nice enough place and there was passably good cycling infrastructure and much better public transport than I'm used to, and the team was great and the organisation pretty good too. In short I should have been delighted when they offered me a place but instinct just said "No".

I wrote the email this morning and forgot all about it until I saw your reply so I think I did the right thing...

:hugs:

Besides, I know exactly where you're coming from; I'm a very cluttery person, always with bits of projects lying around. Having to be VERY tidy would drive me bananas...

Top Bottom