Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Nope, everything up to date and I don't want to come back to work a week on Monday and have to pick up on old rubbish.

However, late breaking news - unexpected work! Cargo check & write up which wasted occupied an hour of my time.
Just over 2 1/2 hours to go. Now watching Moto GP on a tablet.
You'd not be coming back to anything if you're simply pointing out things.

They'd be too embarrassed to ask, having not noticed you missing.

A bit of a kitchen day today. Amongst other things, fish is cleaned, gutted and prepped for tonight. Just need to wang into a preheated oven at 180c for 25 mins.

A quiet afternoon lies ahead of me - maybe sketching while listening to either the football or the cricket.

Undecided about a bike ride.

Just sent off an email saying no to a job offer.

I'd have been paid more than I've ever been paid before by a considerable margin but it would have meant living there alone for six months with a five hour one way journey back at weekends, then relocating the entire family if all worked out.

The job looked okay, I know I could do it and the colleagues were great. Unfortunately they were crammed into a tiny set of rooms, which was supposed to be a 'temporary' solution but had been the same for over a year because there was nothing suitable in the area, and everyone had to be very organised and tidy.

Like a lot of very creative people I'm the opposite of organised and tidy: at my last job my desk was rarely visible being hidden under a mass of tools, half finished projects, sketches and occasionally paperwork. This was fine because we had the extra space and my colleagues worked the same way. In this place I'd have just frustrated my Very Organised Colleagues and this wouldn't have been good for the clients who were people with Psychological disabilities.

Back to making applications...

Bummer.

But if it isn't the right place, it isn't the right place. Nowt worse than working in a place that doesn't suit.

Onwards and upwards xxx :hugs:

Bummer.

But if it isn't the right place, it isn't the right place. Nowt worse than working in a place that doesn't suit.

Onwards and upwards xxx :hugs:

Indeed. It was an odd experience because it was a nice enough place and there was passably good cycling infrastructure and much better public transport than I'm used to, and the team was great and the organisation pretty good too. In short I should have been delighted when they offered me a place but instinct just said "No".

I wrote the email this morning and forgot all about it until I saw your reply so I think I did the right thing...

It is very warm out ! :heat:. I went out for a ride over to Lacock to see my brother.

I spotted a lot of Swallows and House Martin's gathering on wires and in trees.

I heard a steam engine going up the line from Melksham. I missed it as I had passed Lacock Halt and couldn't see it from where I stopped.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I bought some of that new parquet cheddar...

parquet cheddar.jpg

Top Bottom