Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
One of the cats that adopted me arrived here just before Guy Fawke's night. I was advised to close the curtains, and turn up the volume on the television. If that strategy failed, then I should try singing loudly. I only know the first two lines of "Magic Moments" and made up the words. It did the trick. Tasha did not notice the noise from the fireworks, once I started singing. .

My cats, on the other hand....

Are not so enamoured of me when I sing. :surrender:

To be fair he hasn't tested it on cats yet.

Last edited:
Hmm... Just got back from day one of three 'trial days' at a prospective employer and a new job opportunity has just come up.

It fulfils three of my four criteria: It's in a vaguely rural area, involves working with people with psychological issues and who are struggling to get into work, and it's practical and creative, in fact they are specifically asking for people like carpenters, who are creatively talented.

Only problem is we'd have to move to Radolfzell am Bodensee which is in a beautiful part of Germany but still...

On the other hand, while the place I'm visiting is great, I don't think I'd fit there.

So do I apply to Radolfzell?

This evening's ride round Combe was cancelled as my friend said that rain was moving in about 4. Well by about 5 it was still sunny but there were storm clouds moving in in the distance. I thought I would risk it . It might skirt South of the circuit !
As I left Chippenham I could see grey clouds moving in around the circuit. I managed a lap and a bit before it started spotting and then it rained!
2 laps and I thought that I was wet and couldn't get much wetter! Starting the third lap I got much wetter! The rooster tails were coming off both front and rear wheels. I was fascinated watching then being blown off the front wheel. First to the right and then to the left, sometimes straight ahead.
Whilst this was going on my back and my feet were soaking !
I stopped to shelter for a while and then did 2 more laps.
I returned home soaking wet .

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Hmm... Just got back from day one of three 'trial days' at a prospective employer and a new job opportunity has just come up.

It fulfils three of my four criteria: It's in a vaguely rural area, involves working with people with psychological issues and who are struggling to get into work, and it's practical and creative, in fact they are specifically asking for people like carpenters, who are creatively talented.

Only problem is we'd have to move to Radolfzell am Bodensee which is in a beautiful part of Germany but still...

On the other hand, while the place I'm visiting is great, I don't think I'd fit there.

I can see no reason why you shouldn't apply. I would still do the next two trial days, to find out more, and to help your decision-making process.

I think I have been to St Gallen, and yes Radolfzell am Bodensee looks lovely.

Ripple

Veteran
I am lucky enough (cough) to work outside. And it was raining until 3pm today. I went to the office before 3pm to sort some paperwork. Manager looked through the window (it was raining cats and dogs at that moment):
- Do you want me to sort it out as slow as I can?
Me:
- Yes please ...
When he finished the rain stopped and the sun came out. Very good timing. :laugh:

Our Cat The Special Employee slept all day on a small box with screws. Don't ask me why she thought that box is comfortable for her ... :wacko:

classic33

Leg End Member

How much would the move cost. And not just using moneytary measurements.

Speaking of watch batteries, can anyone recommend where I can get really good ones that last. Since the watch place I have used for yonks closed, I can't seem to find a battery that lasts more than 6 months or so...
I bought some Kodak ones in Poundland today. Will have to see how long they last.
They were a multi pack so I will have plenty of useful ones that I haven't found a use for. :wacko:

I am lucky enough (cough) to work outside. And it was raining until 3pm today. I went to the office before 3pm to sort some paperwork. Manager looked through the window (it was raining cats and dogs at that moment):
- Do you want me to sort it out as slow as I can?
Me:
- Yes please ...
When he finished the rain stopped and the sun came out. Very good timing. :laugh:

Our Cat The Special Employee slept all day on a small box with screws. Don't ask me why she thought that box is comfortable for her ... :wacko:
They pick some strange places. My old cats used to have their kittens in the coal shed and our last two cats were born in a box of nails . :wacko:

Sounds like it's worth a punt. If it's not for you, then you can always say no. On the other hand, if you don't apply, then there will always be that niggling regret...

Top Bottom