Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
This evening's ride round Combe was cancelled as my friend said that rain was moving in about 4. Well by about 5 it was still sunny but there were storm clouds moving in in the distance. I thought I would risk it . It might skirt South of the circuit !
As I left Chippenham I could see grey clouds moving in around the circuit. I managed a lap and a bit before it started spotting and then it rained!
2 laps and I thought that I was wet and couldn't get much wetter! Starting the third lap I got much wetter! The rooster tails were coming off both front and rear wheels. I was fascinated watching then being blown off the front wheel. First to the right and then to the left, sometimes straight ahead.
Whilst this was going on my back and my feet were soaking !
I stopped to shelter for a while and then did 2 more laps.
I returned home soaking wet .

As Muddy Talker would say, "It's raining and the track is wet" :laugh:

Hope you've dried out and warmed up.

Our Cat The Special Employee slept all day on a small box with screws. Don't ask me why she thought that box is comfortable for her ... :wacko:

Cat logic. :laugh: Not for us mere humans to understand. :scratch:

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
https://www.theguardian.com/environment/datablog/2009/sep/02/carbon-emissions-per-person-capita

I'm ashamed to be Australian. :sad:

Our emissions per capita is double that of the UK and three times France's (in fact our total emissions equal's France, even though our population is 1/3 France's), and has increased 37% in just over 20 years.
Meanwhile, our PM can't be bothered attending climate action conferences, has been sucking up to Trump in the most disgusting way, and uses all sorts of weasel words and lame excuses for not making any emissions cut commitments.
Yes, before anyone mentions it, I have travelled to Europe by plane for several years in a row, and I wish there was a more environmentally friendly way to do that long trip that didn't take so much time.

The data in the above web page makes very depressing reading.

I know I should probably have posted this in the News... sub-forum, but I don't use that sub-forum, and just needed to get this off my chest.

Not marked on the back of the watch?

No. Just the watch make and serial number.

Top Bottom