Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
The books, three of them, make for compelling reading. They're nothing like Harry Potter; in fact they're really like nothing else I have read. A really good tale, but one that has you "thinking" the whole time. Supposed to be a children's' series of books, but they're for all ages. An understanding of quantum physics is not essential but would help!

My knowledge of quantum physics is somewhat limited.

I did once, when I was Language Assistant at a College, have to translate an article about Max Planck and how his work contributed significantly to the understanding of atomic and subatomic processes. It was a challenge translating that article from German into English. ^_^

I saw a Hornet today ! It didn't half make me jump when it crawled out from underneath a cupboard ! :ohmy:

I wish creepy crawlies wouldn't creep around like that ! :whistle:

I could see a Coxs' Pippin. That would be okay. Fritters over here are vile, IMHO. But that sounds good. I may have to make my own.

Mind, a lot of shop-bought apples are pretty shite. Look fabulous, but not much in the way of flavour and with a wooly texture.

I have James Grieve, Jonagold, Egremont Russet, Granny Smith and Bramley Seedling in the garden, although cropping has been somewhat sporadic of late. I do need to cut back some surrounding trees and coppice the hazel... :whistle:

The Granny Smith is inedible as is - we are much too far north here - but they're *brilliant* for using to make jams and jellies as they're packed with pectin. They also keep well till about March, and then they're good to add to puddings and pies.

Last edited:
Leek & potato soup here tonight, followed by smoked chicken enchiladas. Just the thing for a dank autumn evening :hungry:

No poncy recipes for me, just the typical Casa Reynard method of "wang in what you've got" :biggrin:

classic33

Leg End Member
My knowledge of quantum physics is somewhat limited.

I did once, when I was Language Assistant at a College, have to translate an article about Max Planck and how his work contributed significantly to the understanding of atomic and subatomic processes. It was a challenge translating that article from German into English. ^_^
You see it's like a bit of string, it has a beginning and an end. The piece in between representing the journey between the two.

Tie the ends together and you can now travel anywhere along that loop as often as you want. Make a ball of the loop, and where one piece touches another allows you to now "jump" from one point to another.

D

Deleted member 1258

Its been like a shift change here tonight. My bluetooth speakers been on charge all day, that was taken off charge and my Bluetooth headset put on charge. My Good Ladies phone has been on charge since mid afternoon, that was taken off charge and my phone put on charge. I've also put my tablet on charge.

Top Bottom