Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've been up in our greenhouse this morning spraying the rear stays on my Falcon blue. I think the blue may need a bit of green put in it as it is a bit on the red shade of blue .
Some of the greenish shade of the old colour could be down to sulphur in old oil staining it .

Overslept this morning. The classic "oh, just another 10 mins", and *blam* it's an hour and a half later... :blush:

Sorted the sparrow chirp type squeak on the Chartres (a squirt of oil on the left pedal spindle did the trick) and off I poddled to Tesco for a few sundries. Easier to keep reign on stuff when you've only got two panniers to put stuff in rather than a whole car. :laugh: Actually, the only item I bought on sticker were some pork offcuts for the girls' tea.

Have had a quiet afternoon watching the horse racing and working on a poem.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I've got some spare pipettes of Advantage. It'll take care of worms as well. :crazy:
She went with three girlfriends to look at the amazing early Christian churches. The trip turned out to be nothing like a Swan's Hellenic cultural cruise...…….pretty rough lodgings and being woken by nearby gunfire in the middle of the night.

Yes, worming potions may yet be needed!

She went with three girlfriends to look at the amazing early Christian churches. The trip turned out to be nothing like a Swan's Hellenic cultural cruise...…….pretty rough lodgings and being woken by nearby gunfire in the middle of the night.

Yes, worming potions may yet be needed!

Sounds fascinating, actually. :okay:

The accommodation however, somewhat less so... :wacko:

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Sounds fascinating, actually. :okay:

The accommodation however, somewhat less so... :wacko:
Certainly "authentic".:smile:

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
They just love masking tape ! :whistle:
Oh, splendid!
I'll set the traps later.:evil:

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
Here's some quality Mundanity- a whole book of Boring Postcards, edited by the photographer Martin Parr:
"Martin Parr is a key figure in the world of photography and contemporary art. Some accuse him of cruelty, but many more appreciate the wit and irony with which he tackles such subjects as bad taste, food, the tourist, shopping and the foibles of the British. Parr has been collecting postcards for 20 years, and here is the cream of his collection - his boring postcards. With no introduction or commentary of any kind, Parr's boring postcards are reproduced straight. They are exactly what they say they are, namely boring picture postcards showing boring photographs of boring places, presumably for boring people to buy to send to their boring friends. All of them are shot in Britain, taking us on a boring tour of its motorways, ring roads, traffic interchanges, bus stations, pedestrian precincts, factories, housing estates, airports, caravan sites, convalescent homes and shopping centres. Some attempt to idealize their subjects, only to fail dismally. Others lack any apparent purpose or interest, but the resultant collection of photographic images is wholly compelling.
Boring Postcards is multi-layered: a commentary on British architecture, social life and identity, a record of a folk photography which is today being appropriated by the most fashionable photographers (including Parr), an exercise in sublime minimalism and, above all, a richly comic photographic entertainment" (taken from the description on Amazon).

Also you may wish to watch:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4HyCTJkhVY

After drifting into mundane obscurity for a time @Maverick Goose is back with a bang. Full on mundanity that I was sure would bore me rigid if I read it so I didn't risk it.

Chapeau sir, Chapeau. :okay:

Last edited:

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
Lady Slowmotion flew back from Ethiopia last night. This evening there was a flea hopping about by the hob. Everybody in the household swears it's nothing to do with them. Anyway, they can't live for more than a week without a fix of blood so we shall see.

This needs is own thread for us to follow.

Top Bottom