Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Whereas I get a murder of crows. Several hundred of them, all sitting on the telephone wires, kicking up one heck of a racket. Now I don't mind them, it's more that I mind the output. Corvid s**ts are massive. :wacko:

I thought a murmuration refers specifically to starlings? :scratch:

You're right.. I thought as I came inside..
"did I type swallows?"

Of course the swallows left a couple of months back.

Yes they were starlings.. Amazing how they do that formation flying..

You're right.. I thought as I came inside..
"did I type swallows?"

Of course the swallows left a couple of months back.

Yes they were starlings.. Amazing how they do that formation flying..

Sparrows is what you said. :laugh: I believe it is a quarrel of sparrows...

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Whereas I get a murder of crows. Several hundred of them, all sitting on the telephone wires, kicking up one heck of a racket. Now I don't mind them, it's more that I mind the output. Corvid s**ts are massive. :wacko:

I thought a murmuration refers specifically to starlings? :scratch:

It does, you get a quarrel of Sparrows. Very descriptive!

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
It does, you get a quarrel of Sparrows. Very descriptive!

When they first arrive in the barn to nest, they sound like they're having a domestic for a week or so, as if they're settling who is having which nest, and what repairs are, or aren't necessary.

They're not so popular when they nest over the workshop bench.

It has been necessary to lodge a 'litter tray' under their nests to catch the guano.

And have you heard the noise a wren makes when scolding a cat??

Unbelievable such a big noise can come out of such a tiny thing. :eek:

IaninSheffield

Veteran
But there's often interesting stuff on some of the "lesser" channels i.e. BBC4, Quest, Yesterday...
True dat.
And failing that, there's always a good box set or the i-player.
Been thinking of getting a new box set, although the physical rather than virtual. Been a bit spoiled by The West Wing though; most other progs struggle after that. Wonder if there's another Sorkin offeri g I might take to? Or maybe I'll have a mooch for a good sci-fi ...

Thanks to @Reynard I'm now on a mission:highfive:

Been thinking of getting a new box set, although the physical rather than virtual. Been a bit spoiled by The West Wing though; most other progs struggle after that. Wonder if there's another Sorkin offeri g I might take to? Or maybe I'll have a mooch for a good sci-fi ...

Thanks to @Reynard I'm now on a mission:highfive:

Babylon 5 - if you've not seen it before.

Would Game of Thrones be your cup of tea?

I thought last night's was poor, but this is tonight's offering from the main 4 channels:
View attachment 495420
Three soaps, and all the rest are reality/celebrity/fly-on-the-wall pap. Urgh!

Podcasts to the rescue once more ... and can do that whilst making a loaf :okay:
Digging for Britain with Professor Alice Roberts is good on BBC 4 .

IaninSheffield

Veteran
Babylon 5 - if you've not seen it before.

Would Game of Thrones be your cup of tea?
Funnily, Babylon 5 box set is on my Amazon wish list! Think you might have nudged me over the edge 👍

Have heard a lot about GoT (obvs) and I think I'd like it, but I'm doing my best to hold out against streaming & other subscription services. Maybe I just need to bite that bullet.

D

Deleted member 1258

I thought last night's was poor, but this is tonight's offering from the main 4 channels:
View attachment 495420
Three soaps, and all the rest are reality/celebrity/fly-on-the-wall pap. Urgh!

Podcasts to the rescue once more ... and can do that whilst making a loaf :okay:

I enjoyed The Secret Life Of The Zoo, thats all I've watched from tonight, though I've been on the I-player and watched Seven Worlds One Planet from Sunday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom