Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Drama at next door this morning, Bringing the dogs back from walks , The Fragrant MrsP and I heard a strange noise, on further investigation I discovered a tiny black kitten sitting on the neighbours wall, it scarpered under their shed and wouldn’t come out.

The Fragrant MrsP sat there for an hour with a pot of fish paste, and a cat box, whilst I was on the phone to the RSPCA ( who were completely useless) the kitten came out eventually into the cat box, and is down the vets.
Further investigation knocking on neighbours doors revealed that there is a dead black cat in the side of an adjoining road.

I will keep you posted.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
That could have been the mother that was run over.

Thanks @CarlP & Mrs P :hugs: That wee toot looks far too young to be away from mum, so you may be right. :sad: Just hope it's not the only kitten, so may be worth another looksy...

Speaking from a Cats Protection volunteering perspective, the RSPCA are about as useful as the proverbial chocolate teapot - our branch is forever being called in to help cats where the RSPCA just don't want to know.

P.S. Do speak to your local branch of CP - you can go onto the website (www.cats.org.uk), stick your postcode in, and it should flag up the contact details for your local branch.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Thanks @CarlP & Mrs P :hugs: That wee toot looks far too young to be away from mum, so you may be right. :sad: Just hope it's not the only kitten, so may be worth another looksy...

Speaking from a Cats Protection volunteering perspective, the RSPCA are about as useful as the proverbial chocolate teapot - our branch is forever being called in to help cats where the RSPCA just don't want to know.

P.S. Do speak to your local branch of CP - you can go onto the website (www.cats.org.uk), stick your postcode in, and it should flag up the contact details for your local branch.
Yep, done all that, waiting for a call back from CP.

Spoke to the vet, he’s doing fine, eating and getting lots of cuddles. They’re keeping him for a week, and sending out emails to see if someone claims him. I’m going to phone in six days for an update.

Probably, but we don’t want him, but we’ll make sure he gets a home.

1484099_n.jpg

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Does anyone have a blender?

I am not a great one for gadgets, but I am thinking of getting one of these or something similar. It will probably be purchased from the local Kitchen Shop, when I have more idea what sort to get.
https://www.houseoffraser.co.uk/brand/kenwood/kw-blend-x-fresh-00-797581#colcode=79758111

It says "for chopping, slicing and crushing ice". 🤔 I presume it means chopping or slicing vegetables or fruit, and crushing ice. Will it chop them into smaller pieces for soup making, rather than neat slices?

There seems to be a massive jump in price from the above sort of blender, to ones costing three times as much. I have chosen that link to show what I am thinking of, but are there more robust/reliable brands to consider?

Top Bottom