Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
To take large chunks of vegetables and chop them up smaller. Or having made soup (in a saucepan on the hob) to "liquidise" (cos that's what I used to call it) it into a smoother consistency.
I think that was what they used to be for .
Kenwood used to be a good make . Kenneth Wood started the company and made the Chef food mixer .

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
Anyone lacking that little something for Christmas?

s-l1600.jpg

To take large chunks of vegetables and chop them up smaller. Or having made soup (in a saucepan on the hob) to "liquidise" (cos that's what I used to call it) it into a smoother consistency.

Certainly for soup, I'd recommend a hand held stick blender. For the chopping, I'd simply use a wooden board and a good knife.

I think from that you can see that I don't want to waste time cleaning out a blender / food processor. :laugh:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I think that was what they used to be for .
Kenwood used to be a good make . Kenneth Wood started the company and made the Chef food mixer .
Very true but his Stereo equipment line was rubbish. :rolleyes:

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Does anyone have a blender?

I am not a great one for gadgets, but I am thinking of getting one of these or something similar. It will probably be purchased from the local Kitchen Shop, when I have more idea what sort to get.
https://www.houseoffraser.co.uk/brand/kenwood/kw-blend-x-fresh-00-797581#colcode=79758111

It says "for chopping, slicing and crushing ice". 🤔 I presume it means chopping or slicing vegetables or fruit, and crushing ice. Will it chop them into smaller pieces for soup making, rather than neat slices?

There seems to be a massive jump in price from the above sort of blender, to ones costing three times as much. I have chosen that link to show what I am thinking of, but are there more robust/reliable brands to consider?
Perhaps a food processor would work better for chopping.

Top Bottom