Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Morning.
There is a clear blue sky out at the moment which is slowly turning an orange colour .
It looks like we have had a frost.
No need to worry ! Schrodie is keeping an eye on things. He is sat in the window .

I went over to see the model railway exhibition yesterday in Calne . I was a bit disappointed as it was in a smaller sports hall than usual. The

model group had to change the venue at short notice due to building work being carried out in their previous place .

Despite the squeeze they had some good model layouts there. Most of the layouts were N gauge , there were a couple of Gauge layouts as

well .

I was a naughty boy and spendid some money ! :blush:

Why is it that I'm more tired now than I was at 3 this morning ? :wacko:

I was wide awake thinking why Schrödinger or Pavlov didn't put their minds to better things like how to make a realistic model railway fit into a small bedroom ?
I was thinking about all the scenarios. Must have a station or 2 ! But then the time taken for the train to reach the next station is less than the time it would take the imaginary passengers to board and if it was that close why didn't they just walk ! :wacko:

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I'm a bit achy, this morning, as yesterday was spent decorating the kitchen. All that needs finishing today is behind the fridge and cooker, plus a few dabs of emulsion behind the pipework.

Tea first, though, obviously 🍵

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
There i was out walking yesterday afternoon when a local authority gritting wagon came speeding towards me doing what must've been about 40mph in a 30mph zone. When i say towards me i mean i was on the pavement,not the actual road,but it was still quite scary(ish)
Anyway,a minute or so later it came towards me again having done a loop around the block. This time it was doing about 40mph in a 20mph zone. As it passed me i heard a slight bang and saw someone's wing mirror spinning in the road. The idiot driver should be reported!!!:thumbsdown:

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
-17C here today.
It got up to 3C yesterday morning, and melted the snow and ice, then dropped all afternoon, thanks to those 50 mph winds. But everything froze dry. Today may be sunny, and it may get up to -12C. We usually have a few weeks of this weather, so I am not complaining over three days of it. Normal weather resumes Wednesday, it appears, highs or 2 or 3C. Decent for this time of year.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
-17C here today.
It got up to 3C yesterday morning, and melted the snow and ice, then dropped all afternoon, thanks to those 50 mph winds. But everything froze dry. Today may be sunny, and it may get up to -12C. We usually have a few weeks of this weather, so I am not complaining over three days of it. Normal weather resumes Wednesday, it appears, highs or 2 or 3C. Decent for this time of year.
It sounds like Newfoundland had a light dusting of snow yesterday....

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Because of major works downstairs, our laundry is out of commission. However, I discovered that the local Morrison's has a laundromat. So I did the shopping while I washed and had a coffee while I tumbled.

Perhaps I should have had breakfast before going out because I seem to have bought a lot of snack-type stuff.

Oh, Morrison's coffee is really weak.

Top Bottom