Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful

classic33

Leg End Member
I'll have to find The Departed first. I ordered a £3.29 inspection mirror from Ebay which should be able to fit through the downlighter holes in the plasterboard ceiling so I should be able to peek into the cavity.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TELESCOP...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

Meanwhile, I'm just opening the windows to disperse the deeply unpleasant smell.
You certain it's only the one?

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
I've been taking part in an episode of Das Boot this morning! I discovered that our engine room was flooding ! :ohmy:
I traced the leak to some pipes behind our washing machine. It must have sprung a leak during the last depth charge attack !
It was sabotage! :ohmy: One of the compression joints wasn't made properly ! I'm going to have to get some new gas so that I can solder some new pipework in .
I was thinking of going to see U-505 in Chicago. I'll post here if I get there this spring.
As for plumbing...
https://www.warhistoryonline.com/featured/u-1206-sub-sunk-dump-on-toilet.html

Well I have made another :cuppa: but the weather is still horrible. In fact it looks worse now.

postman

Legendary Member
My word i am glad i am home from Hunmanby,today is really windy.Some of the fields in North Yorkshire around York and towards Scarborough are mini lakes.There are two coming towards Leeds if they join over the tracks the line will be out of use.Two fields seperated by the rail line and banking.There is a lot of water that will take some getting shut of.

Okay, do I take my bike to the job interview next month?

In favour:

The interview location is about 3k from the railway station. I could get a tram, which runs every 8 minutes from the station to a stop not that far from the place I'll be interviewed in 7 minutes, but I have to find said tram, then find the way from the tram stop to the interview.
With 30 min from the train arriving to the interview appointment, that means a rush to the tram and a rush to find the interview.

On a bike, it also takes 8 min, along largely traffic free streets, but I can start straight away and ride straight there. I have a map and I'm pretty sure I won't get lost.

I'd be travelling on the tram in rush hour.

Freiburg is known as very cycling friendly and the route is mostly on cycleways or traffic free routes.

Against:

I'll spend the day in another town so I'll need a lift there and back. If I don't take the bike, I can probably get a lift straight back to the main station for my train. If I do take the bike, I'll need to go to the office again, and then to the station.

I'll need to schlep the bike all the way there and back, including at least one change of train: this means steps.

I get a free ticket on the tram in Freiburg, but carrying the bike will add to my train fare.

Cycling in rush hour.

Top Bottom