Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

carlosfandangus

Über Member
Just showed my daughter the way to get the milk out of a coconut, the one soft eye of the three, then cracked it in half with the back of my "frog" ex army machete.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Okay, do I take my bike to the job interview next month?

In favour:

The interview location is about 3k from the railway station. I could get a tram, which runs every 8 minutes from the station to a stop not that far from the place I'll be interviewed in 7 minutes, but I have to find said tram, then find the way from the tram stop to the interview.
With 30 min from the train arriving to the interview appointment, that means a rush to the tram and a rush to find the interview.

On a bike, it also takes 8 min, along largely traffic free streets, but I can start straight away and ride straight there. I have a map and I'm pretty sure I won't get lost.

I'd be travelling on the tram in rush hour.

Freiburg is known as very cycling friendly and the route is mostly on cycleways or traffic free routes.

Against:

I'll spend the day in another town so I'll need a lift there and back. If I don't take the bike, I can probably get a lift straight back to the main station for my train. If I do take the bike, I'll need to go to the office again, and then to the station.

I'll need to schlep the bike all the way there and back, including at least one change of train: this means steps.

I get a free ticket on the tram in Freiburg, but carrying the bike will add to my train fare.

Cycling in rush hour.
Never rush to a job interview. Even worse, don't be late. On yer bike. Set out early, arrive early. If German Germans are like German - Americans, they'll appreciate you all the more for showing up a minute or two early. Shows initiative and organization. My information may be 170 years or so out of date. Most German-Americans in my area came over in about 1848, after the failure of democratic reforms, the Badenweiler Revolt, and the Frankfurt Parliament. The American railroads, looking for people to pioneer the west, found attentive ears among the disaffected.

We watched Bargain Hunt earlier this afternoon and watched 4 teams make large losses at an auction . Some of the prices were ridiculously low and we wondered if the auction house survived !

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Meanwhile on Jupiter just 3 days ago

VaultOutput

gbb

Legendary Member
Just scanning through the TV and saw Dr Who is on...with the Cybermen.
As a youngster in the late 60s, early 70s...the cybermen used to sh1t me up....I mean seriously.:ohmy:
If I needed the loo while it was on, I'd run upstairs, pee as fast as I could then tear downstairs :laugh:, frightened to death :headshake:

Top Bottom