Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Some bad news this morning. Another of my clubmates has 'died' in his early 50's - last year was Malc, and this year Dave - he was British Best All rounder (top 5) and Manchester and District champ for many years. Died of cancer. He was apparently still winning his age group in park runs and other races up until recently. Another one gone too early.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Some bad news this morning. Another of my clubmates has 'died' in his early 50's - last year was Malc, and this year Dave - he was British Best All rounder (top 5) and Manchester and District champ for many years. Died of cancer. He was apparently still winning his age group in park runs and other races up until recently. Another one gone too early.
It’s just so sad, cancer is a complete twunt.

Caught a student smoking weed in his room. Windows closed.
The stench ... xx( xx( xx(

I once had a client do that in his apartment, and only opened the door.

The landlord was not amused and called the police.

My client was most annoyed that the police were not even interested in the hydroponics system he'd built for his cannabis plant, and just took it away without looking at how it worked...

Last edited:
I have resurfaced...

Had a lovely day judging household pets on Saturday, and cuddled some really super cats. :wub:

But then I got roped into wrangling cats for Best in Show - hard work when you've three shows sharing the same venue. So I didn't get the chance to visit the museum in the end. :sad:

The journey to and from the show was ghastly, as the A14 was shut at Huntingdon, and it wasn't on the travel news. The bits that they said were shut were in fact open. :wacko: So that added an extra hour on the drive each way. :angry: So of course I was late, although I did get there before judging actually started. But it meant I had to forgo the cups of tea I need to function. :cry:

Did my reports yesterday and had a generally quiet day.

Today I have prepared a lamb hotpot and I have put the green recycling wheelie bin out.

classic33

Leg End Member
I have resurfaced...

Had a lovely day judging household pets on Saturday, and cuddled some really super cats. :wub:

But then I got roped into wrangling cats for Best in Show - hard work when you've three shows sharing the same venue. So I didn't get the chance to visit the museum in the end. :sad:

The journey to and from the show was ghastly, as the A14 was shut at Huntingdon, and it wasn't on the travel news. The bits that they said were shut were in fact open. :wacko: So that added an extra hour on the drive each way. :angry: So of course I was late, although I did get there before judging actually started. But it meant I had to forgo the cups of tea I need to function. :cry:

Did my reports yesterday and had a generally quiet day.

Today I have prepared a lamb hotpot and I have put the green recycling wheelie bin out.
One Question
Why's your wheelie bin require a hotpot before being put out?

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Probably for the last time I was referred to by a passerby as Young man'.

Admittedly, the other person was old enough to be my mother.
I still get called 'Son' by the odd copper despite me rapidly approaching 60. :wacko:

Top Bottom