Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
It says on it Visionary M-12 and is 12 x 50. It also has 246ft @ 1000yds. Can't remember where I got it or how much I paid but it was on internet somewhere. I did try one which somebody else had before I bought and the optics seem really good for the price.
The figure at 1.000yds is the 'field of view', also note 12x magnification is about all you can get away with 'hand held', any more than that and you need a tripod to avoid shake.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
The figure at 1.000yds is the 'field of view', also note 12x magnification is about all you can get away with 'hand held', any more than that and you need a tripod to avoid shake.
I just posted that for the information. It is possible to put this model on a tripod if required but without it being angled it would involve a bit of contortion if used on it's own. It is probably supposed to be on top of the main scope so would be higher up. My main use is hand held and while it is heavy for the bike it is nice and compact. Anyway with all the gubbins I mostly carry it is not going to be noticed that much. It also fits nicely in the centre storage bit in the car.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
A whimsical notion ^_^
Not the first guy to have that thought, you know.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKvVV5orMBM

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
Following last night's strong winds, I found this lying on our driveway; no idea where it came from.
I took it as a sign.

It's blowing a right hoolie here chez Casa Reynard. We never had any rain overnight either. But we did have a planned power cut this morning as they were doing some works down the drove.

I will have to go out later for some petrol, as the two cans I keep for the mower are empty. May as well fill up the car even though I've still got half a tank. Have barely used the car since the beginning of March.

And if I'm heading that way, I will pop into Tesco, grab some extra milk and cheese and see what's to be had in final reductions.

I prefer to go out in the evening as there are generally fewer people about.

Top Bottom