Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kempstonian

Has the memory of a goldfish
Is this an "Ask a friend ?" question ? :whistle:
Haha... no, I'm trying to get a bike back on the road. When I got it there was no saddle and no back wheel. It should have an 8 speed freewheel (or cassette perhaps) but the only wheel I have which might be suitable has a 7 speed on it (now removed). I'll probably have to buy an 8 speed but I was trying to work out if it would be ok on this wheel. Mr classic has put doubts in my mind so more thought needed methinks. :unsure:

Kempstonian

Not very "mundane", unless of course you are "Pink", my little kitten who has decided that a world without Brothers & Sisters is too scary and won't engage! I cuddled her till quite late last night, had to nip to the loo, after that she hid under the couch.
I've put food out and I'll just leave her for now.

Unless any cat people know a trick or something I'm not doing?
This maybe?

View: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Robelli-Fancy-Dress-Shepherds-Nativity/dp/B07HRYH659/ref=sr_1_5?dchild=1&hvadid=80882855609990&hvbmt=be&hvdev=c&hvqmt=e&keywords=shepherd%27s+crook&qid=1594204358&sr=8-5&tag=mh0a9-21

^_^

Kempstonian

Yeah... Could've been a lot better, but on the flip side, it could've been a lot worse. We've had far too many of the latter in recent years.
We've had too many draws this season. Man City, Chelsea, Leicester and Spurs have all lost more matches than us. But I suppose we weren't expected to get anywhere near Europe this year, so we are about where we should be. Next year WILL be better! :okay:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Not very "mundane", unless of course you are "Pink", my little kitten who has decided that a world without Brothers & Sisters is too scary and won't engage! I cuddled her till quite late last night, had to nip to the loo, after that she hid under the couch.
I've put food out and I'll just leave her for now.

Unless any cat people know a trick or something I'm not doing?
Yep leaving her alone is probably the best thing to do when she 'hides'. After a few days she'll get used to her new home, a few toys are probably a good idea, they can be as simple as getting her to paw at a piece of string or a cardboard box to explore. Ping pong balls are good too.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
As @raleightnut says, she needs time to adjust and somewhere to hide.

Our Cat Expert will no doubt be posting more advice this afternoon. ^_^

Haha... no, I'm trying to get a bike back on the road. When I got it there was no saddle and no back wheel. It should have an 8 speed freewheel (or cassette perhaps) but the only wheel I have which might be suitable has a 7 speed on it (now removed). I'll probably have to buy an 8 speed but I was trying to work out if it would be ok on this wheel. Mr classic has put doubts in my mind so more thought needed methinks. :unsure:
Your old 7 speed hub may have a screw thread whereas 8 speed cassettes are splined I think . You might be able to use a longer axle and use spacers with a 7 speed sprockets and just adjust the limit screws to suit .

The whole car was based on the Mondeo which is a much better platform than it's humble origins would suggest, didn't it win 'car of the year' I know JC was a big fan of the Ford when it came out praising the handling and 'feel'of the car.
I think the whole car was a new Jaguar design using 75% aluminium built in a new factory . I think after 2017 they brought out a new series of Jaguar engines instead of the Ford ones.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
The whole car was based on the Mondeo which is a much better platform than it's humble origins would suggest, didn't it win 'car of the year' I know JC was a big fan of the Ford when it came out praising the handling and 'feel'of the car.
Most Fords of my acquaintance are made from a cookie sheet, and handle about like one as well. When they are not in the garage for some factory recall or issue with the car which Ford won't issue a recall for. Your results, being overseas, may be different. My Ford dealership has historically never been a gem. Now all Mrs. GA, who buys her own automobile, cannot get over how sexist her last salesperson was. When we went to the dealership, the salesman would only talk to me about the car, attributes, etc. That being said, I love the old Coventry Jaguars. And the last iteration of the Ford Thunderbird had a Jaguar engine in it, IIRC. Ford will announce a new Bronco, either today or to-morrow, in an effort to compete with Jeep, BTW. I believe the original was produced as a co-operative effort with Land Rover, who contributed much to the design.

Top Bottom