Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
Let another mortal dare gainsay it on pain of something nasty happening to them :becool:

An Axeident?

Hmm, I've identified the Raleigh junior MTB that's up for sale. it's a Raleigh Max 24. Rigid frame, centre pull brakes, triple up front, 5 speed at the back, twist shifters. Looking at size guides, it's in the ballpark in terms of fit.

Without going to see it, it's hard to see how much work it's going to need, although it looks in reasonable nick for what I'd guess to be a 15 to 20 year old bike. Saddle and pedals definitely, probably new tyres, tubes and brake blocks, and a good going over of the mechanicals.

Am planning to reserve it and then pop over for a gander. If it suits, I think it will make a good knockabout bike while I look for a decent hardtail.

Oh, and it's RED

mybike

Oi!!!

You're talking to the person who submitted a 200,000 word PhD thesis without a single typo in it. And yes, the external examiners check for grammar, spelling etc.

I was comparing the (lack) of skills today with your obvious skill.:okay:

mybike

Hmm, I've identified the Raleigh junior MTB that's up for sale. it's a Raleigh Max 24. Rigid frame, centre pull brakes, triple up front, 5 speed at the back, twist shifters. Looking at size guides, it's in the ballpark in terms of fit.

Without going to see it, it's hard to see how much work it's going to need, although it looks in reasonable nick for what I'd guess to be a 15 to 20 year old bike. Saddle and pedals definitely, probably new tyres, tubes and brake blocks, and a good going over of the mechanicals.

Am planning to reserve it and then pop over for a gander. If it suits, I think it will make a good knockabout bike while I look for a decent hardtail.

Oh, and it's RED

I simply had to change twist shifters for triggers!

Top Bottom