Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Time for damp smiles:laugh:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Update on Pink, the pretty little kitten. Came out of hiding, ate some food, went back into hiding. Threw a few kitten friendly toys in her direction. Several hours of hiding, suddenly, She's exploring, discovered the joy of climbing up me for cuddles and leaping from one chair to another. Surprised at how quickly the nervous has been replaced with, "oh well I'm here, might as well wee on the carpet and call this place home!"

:laugh:......... Not the wee on the carpet bit, but she's into everything, just have to look where I'm putting my feet or that would not be good!
Told ya. Mind you watch the climbing up bit, kittens can't tell the difference between clothes and bare legs, I remember my first kitten many years ago (a Ginger and White Tom called Spike) climbing up my girlfriends leg when she got out of the bath, Glynis* screamed and the kitten freaked out and froze so muggins here had to unpeel all 20 little razorblades cos he wasn't letting go.** :eek:

*This would have been in @82 my first long time partner,

** I didn't know the 'scruffing' trick then.

woodbutcher

Veteran
Just back from walking with the dogs, not so steamy at this time of day , just about 25c. but the signs are there that it will be a "shed load" warmer . Also there is a plague of common redstarts , tiny little birds ,sort of brown with distinctive brick red rear end. I rescued one from a down pipe on the guttering and this morning l found a dead one in may shoe (that may have been a dogs fault) ! They seem to be everywhere and quite unafraid of us :smile:

woodbutcher

Veteran
I like a red start to the morning ^_^
Not sure if i have ever seen a common redstart though
Here you go :
femalecommonredstartl.jpg

Top Bottom