Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I just applied for a Freedom Pass. It just occurred to me that my Oyster 60+ card had expired a couple of months ago. Well, actually, I mean I knew it had expired but I only got round to doing it now.

Just back from walking with the dogs, not so steamy at this time of day , just about 25c. but the signs are there that it will be a "shed load" warmer . Also there is a plague of common redstarts , tiny little birds ,sort of brown with distinctive brick red rear end. I rescued one from a down pipe on the guttering and this morning l found a dead one in may shoe (that may have been a dogs fault) ! They seem to be everywhere and quite unafraid of us :smile:
I think they are a member of the Thrush family along with Robins . I found a dead Black Redstart once .

Kryton521

Ăśber Member
Morning all, Pink is well and truly out of hiding and getting into her stride. Which includes using me as a climbing frame, kindly washed my head this morning...... Why do kittens like string so much? Spent a small fortune on "safe" toys for her. What does she choose to play with? String!

Stretched and pilates done.Porridge done, coffee done. Played with kitten. Weighed, showered & dressed. Off to give blood, always with me is the question, is this the one where I pass out? [When they stab your thumb most likely!].

Attachments

• B4941A66-56E9-4586-AA17-AF561BADB1E4.jpeg
    B4941A66-56E9-4586-AA17-AF561BADB1E4.jpeg
    154.3 KB · Views: 3
  • D31E6EB9-2059-4505-8BED-1FF8A3BE2DF8.jpeg
    D31E6EB9-2059-4505-8BED-1FF8A3BE2DF8.jpeg
    155 KB · Views: 3

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
Yesterday was cloudy, misty even, so I didn't wear a hat. My face last night was a bit red, as it still is. Will wear a hat today.

Last edited:

Speicher

Vice Admiral
I have no prejudice against Thursdays but they really aren't living up to their potential.

I was thinking (er yes I do that sometimes), this morning, that the purpose of Thursdays is to remind me of the things I intended to do this week, and now there is only one and half days in which to not be able to accomplish those things. :sad: Is that Thursdays in general, or just in Lockdown, cos I am still "shielding" myself? I have no interest in reacquainting myself with the layout of the nearest Hopsital.

I have also noticed that, as my hair is only about 1 inch long at present, it only takes five minutes to dry after a shower.
I have further noted that It does not react badly to wind and/or rain when I am gardening.

When I finally start getting out and about more, if I keep it this short, no one will redcognise me. :laugh: That could be fun! I could pretend to be someone else. ^_^

Top Bottom