Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Eh, tell me about it...

Mind, you can always listen to Arsenal v Spurs on the radio while you wait for the traffic to clear. :whistle:
Torture on top of miserableness????

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Last edited:

Don't have a canoe...

There is a rather rickety tin bath in the shed though.

Sounds a bit like a beam saw,
View attachment 535061

I'm surprised the 'elf 'n' safety bod in the workshop allowed a machine with a known fault to be operated, surprising lack of maintenance for a company in Germany. I'd always turn off a machine with the 'turn to release' off button rather than the simple 'stop' button if walking away from it but then that was part of my training through my 'City & Guilds.

It looks similar, although ours is long and thin, to deal with rough cut lumber rather than for sheets.

To be fair the fault wasn't known: that's why they assumed it was the "Turn to release" switch. It was a fairly small amount of crud, just in the wrong place. The crud is now cleared and the switch will be replaced today to make sure.

Accepted wisdom here (I now know) is that the "turn to release" switch shouldn't be used except in emergencies. On the other hand all machines here have two switches, usually in different places, so if you want to be sure it's safe you switch both off.

Top Bottom