Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

woodbutcher

Veteran
You are not the only one. Am I the only person who has not seen a Star War film? Or shall we form a (very small) elite club?
It may just be you and me , ^_^

Ripple

Veteran
When one tomato is big enough to feed 2 people. And it's not even the biggest one from our greenhouse.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Perhaps the visual strangeness of a TV programme (Babylon 5) that reminded me of a visit to a place near where l live. It is called Pech Merle . Now if you feel the need to be aware of your place in the evolution of human beings, just go and visit Pech Merle. Approximately 25,000 years ago our forbears made these truly beautiful images deep underground . To me they raise so many more questions than answers, it is a place you will never forget !!
pech merle
There is another one in the Ardeche too that we went to visit a couple of years ago in Chauvet Pont d'Arc, it is fascinating and well worth seeing.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
When one tomato is big enough to feed 2 people. And it's not even the biggest one from our greenhouse.

View attachment 540846
Radiator Charlie/Mortgage Lifter? Those were hybridized by an amateur who had a radiator shop in the Appalachians, near a coal mine, so he could fix truck radiators as they often blew out back then. During the depression, he started hybridizing tomatoes as a sideline, and sold the seeds for a dollar each package, claiming a tomato could feed a whole family. These sales allowed him to pay off the loan on his property, hence the odd names for the hybrid. That was what I was told, any way.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Perhaps the visual strangeness of a TV programme (Babylon 5) that reminded me of a visit to a place near where l live. It is called Pech Merle . Now if you feel the need to be aware of your place in the evolution of human beings, just go and visit Pech Merle. Approximately 25,000 years ago our forbears made these truly beautiful images deep underground . To me they raise so many more questions than answers, it is a place you will never forget !!
pech merle
Amazing, like Lascaux and Alta Mira. I've never heard of Pech Merle before.

woodbutcher

Veteran
Amazing, like Lascaux and Alta Mira. I've never heard of Pech Merle before.
The great thing about Pech Merle is that the drawings and symbols are the original works unlike Lascaux which is a reproduction ( the real cave had to be closed to the public because the images were being destroyed by bacteria in human breath and by the artificial lights) .

I just looked up Drazil and now l know that it is drazi and babylon five , l live a sheltered life ....not having heard of either up until now !

Oh dear... :laugh:

Mind you, Babylon 5 is quite niche, even among sci-fi enthusiasts. :blush: But anyone who has settled down to a modern box set of any genre owes a hell of a lot to Babylon 5, as it was the first series to be conceived as a novel for TV and thus written as a continuing story. ^_^

Top Bottom