Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Boringly ordered some new charge cables via amazon this afternoon - delivered this evening to home (I'm in Wales) as all our cables have started to be 'rubbish' this weekend.

Other boring news, also ordered a new rear tyre for the MTB - I'm wearing it out quickly with this lockdown... £45 delivered is the cheapest I could get it. Will continue with the old tyre at the moment as doing nothing that 'tricky' but if I hit a trail centre etc I have a tyre with double the tread on it - it's getting seriously worn.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I've skipped a few pages (about 30 ) as I haven't logged in for a while so hope I haven't missed anything important.

In that time I've had my first professional haircut since February, my first trip to a pub since March and a Birthday trip on the Severn Valley Railway. All much appreciated.^_^

Obviously evryone has been good here, quick, someone, delete those comments about Rickshaw Phil 10 pages ago......:laugh:

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
Not sure, but it sure as hell looks like one of my dad's botches.

Maybe he lost the original screw fitting during assembly, I don't know, but it looks like a screw that's had the end taken off with a hacksaw, and the hole on the wooden handle has been drilled out to fit. My bet is that the hole was done using too large a drill bit, and that over time it's just worked itself loose because there was never enough purchase between the screw thread and the wood.

When the handle came off, there was a lot of bits of wood that fell out of the hole.

Anyways, my temporary fix is holding. I could fit a wider / bigger screw, but I don't fancy dismantling the drawer, so glue it will be.

I think everyone underestimates the stress involved in a cutlery drawer. The weight of implements in ours would be a challenge to a weightlifter.

I think everyone underestimates the stress involved in a cutlery drawer. The weight of implements in ours would be a challenge to a weightlifter.

Well, at least it's not my "cooking cutlery" drawer. Although I have culled things in there recently, relegating the stuff I don't use much to a box in the utility room. Even so, you'd still need the assistance of Eddie Hall :laugh:

mybike

Guinea pig run build - final update

The run is completed. Made out of scrap wood from FiL and metal mesh that I've had for over 18 months doing nothing. Half of the screws were recycled, the other half were new. Paint colour chosen by daughter. We did buy the 2m X 1m artificial grass strip. Total cost: £34.

I would have liked to have made a better hatch, but didn't have enough wood. Still, it's hinged and works a treat, opening by lifting the bar at the front and the weight of which holds it closed.

Most importantly, my daughter and wife are pleased.

View attachment 540637
View attachment 540638

End of update.

How do the occupants feel about it?

mybike

I've skipped a few pages (about 30 ) as I haven't logged in for a while so hope I haven't missed anything important.

In that time I've had my first professional haircut since February, my first trip to a pub since March and a Birthday trip on the Severn Valley Railway. All much appreciated.^_^

You haven't read the new rule?

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Just looked out of my front window and the skipper of one of our ferries is passing with his ancient looking labrador and closely followed by a cat. He comes this way regularly with his dog and the cat is always with them but looks to be keeping a low profile.
I have that with a lady who walks a Scots Terrier which is white, along with a little white cat, near church. Symbolic?

As have I.

Now I remembered to turn the gas on.

Pass the Custard Creams...

I've got four left. So that'll be two each, assuming yours didn't get lost in transit.

Will need to re-fill the biscuit barrel. Big decision. Do I go for dark chocolate digestives, chocolate chip digestives, shortbread fingers or gingerbread hearts filled with jam? :scratch:

I realised I forgot to buy pink wafers yesterday. :sad:

Top Bottom