Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Guinea pig run build - final update

The run is completed. Made out of scrap wood from FiL and metal mesh that I've had for over 18 months doing nothing. Half of the screws were recycled, the other half were new. Paint colour chosen by daughter. We did buy the 2m X 1m artificial grass strip. Total cost: £34.

I would have liked to have made a better hatch, but didn't have enough wood. Still, it's hinged and works a treat, opening by lifting the bar at the front and the weight of which holds it closed.

Most importantly, my daughter and wife are pleased.

View attachment 540637
View attachment 540638

End of update.

A most excellent construction, and I agree, not Mundane.

I commend your daughter's choice of colour by the way.

Last edited:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Just rescued sister in law - she'd been for a bike ride with friends and suffered terrible stomach cramps about 15 miles from our caravan. I've just been out to collect her and bring her back to her van.

Reports of major traffic on M56 near Manchester airport, so we've decided to travel home tomorrow morning and not tonight - time to open a beer then.:okay:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I also had a nice ride on the recumbent tricycle yesterday. I may fit SPDs today. No danger of clipless moments with a recumbent tricycle. I hardly ever take my feet off the pedals on the recumbent anyhoo.
The biggest danger without feet clipped in is that your foot slips off a pedal and ends up under the trike at speed. Broken leg perhaps?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
The biggest danger without feet clipped in is that your foot slips off a pedal and ends up under the trike at speed. Broken leg perhaps?

I know a lot of MTB'ers have flat pedals, but have you seen the pointy pins on the pedals. The worst I get from hitting my SPD pedals is a sore shin, but I've seen some nasty gouges with those flat pedals.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I know a lot of MTB'ers have flat pedals, but have you seen the pointy pins on the pedals. The worst I get from hitting my SPD pedals is a sore shin, but I've seen some nasty gouges with those flat pedals.
I once got bitten on the back of my lower leg by a pedal on my Brompton. Initially neglected it and ended up on massive dose of antibiotics for 2 weeks.

Kempstonian

Has the memory of a goldfish
As a fellow Babylon 5 fan, I'm wondering whether you've had a beer too many. :laugh:

Purple and green together... :whistle:
You were saying?

Carlton 2.jpg

Carlton 3.jpg

:tongue:

Top Bottom