Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Watching the roofers struggling to re-roof the house opposite as the sleet comes down this morning to top up the overnight snow. They managed to get the sarking felt and new battens down yesterday- they are trying to brush the worst of the snow off but with the weight of it I hope the inside hasn't been damaged. What a week to take off the whole roof down to the bare rafters- and the couple haven't moved out!

D

Deleted member 26715

Watching the roofers struggling to re-roof the house opposite as the sleet comes down this morning to top up the overnight snow. They managed to get the sarking felt and new battens down yesterday- they are trying to brush the worst of the snow off but with the weight of it I hope the inside hasn't been damaged. What a week to take off the whole roof down to the bare rafters- and the couple haven't moved out!
I have some friends moving into their new house (to them) today, scaffolding is due to go up tomorrow & the roof along with all the trusses//beams etc. are due to be removed on Monday. They should have been in before Christmas if it wasn't for the solicitors dragging their feet & being silly beggars, they have had far better weather a few weeks ago.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Bin has been emptied and brought back around to the back garden .
Still gently raining here .

So just over an hour ago I posted that it was snowing, just this minute I've had an alert from the Met Office to advise me a warning of Ice & Snow has been issued, I can see our £1.2 Billion on the new supercomputer has been well spent.

Actually just looked it's not live until next year, but knowing Government funding IT projects, it'll come online in 2025 or be scrapped
What like the joint services building in Somerset with all the IT equipment, not being used for years but still being charged for it ! :angry:

Top Bottom