Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
The Volterol is working wonders. Started getting bad pain in my knee around 9pm last night, so went to bed. Couldn't get comfy, so propped myself up and slowly but surely the pain subsided. It was enough to be able to sleep on my side (as usual). Very careful not to bend my leg, but got a good nights sleep.

Topped up with Volterol this morning (it's the 12 hour stuff) and ibuprofen. I'm moving twice as quickly now ! Still being careful as I messed it all up on saturday doing 'jobs' which set back the healing. Finding it OK to work with my leg bent at the desk, so fingers crossed. It's still painful but hopefully clearing up.

Why did you order the invisible man in the first place?

I mean, it's not as though you could have done much with him.
I wonder what his passport photo looks like ? :wacko:

The Volterol is working wonders. Started getting bad pain in my knee around 9pm last night, so went to bed. Couldn't get comfy, so propped myself up and slowly but surely the pain subsided. It was enough to be able to sleep on my side (as usual). Very careful not to bend my leg, but got a good nights sleep.

Topped up with Volterol this morning (it's the 12 hour stuff) and ibuprofen. I'm moving twice as quickly now ! Still being careful as I messed it all up on saturday doing 'jobs' which set back the healing. Finding it OK to work with my leg bent at the desk, so fingers crossed. It's still painful but hopefully clearing up.
My doctor gave me diclofenac once to relieve a back injury. I did not know what family it came from until the next day when I had a griping stomach, it hurt as much as the lumbar injury. Had he read my notes it would have given him a clue that I am intolerant to NSAID.:whistle: I thought it was a synthetic opioid, always pays to ask...

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
My doctor gave me diclofenac once to relieve a back injury. I did not know what family it came from until the next day when I had a griping stomach, it hurt as much as the lumbar injury. Had he read my notes it would have given him a clue that I am intolerant to NSAID.:whistle: I thought it was a synthetic opioid, always pays to ask...

Oof. Fortunately no reaction to any here - had a few strong ones with various injuries. With the 'gel' it works mainly locally - yes some will get into your blood stream but it's a little more local than popping a tablet.

So far so good today. Must remember not to over do it just because it's feeling better.

I have finished the little portrait I was working on.

Now have a :cuppa: and putting the finishing touches to a poem.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
My toenails need cutting. This entails having a long soak in the bath to soften them up. Ah, the perils of a rigorous self-care routine....

For me, it means looking at them and wondering if I can reach.

In other news, I just dunked a chocolate covered ginger biscuit in my coffee. Which then leaped out of my fingers. I thereupon spent some time searching the floor (the fluff will suck off) before finding it sitting on the table.

Last edited:
Top Bottom