Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
9:50pm: Landlady's dog was let out for the evening, heard a blade of grass fall over and went berserk as usual, running down my side of the house at high speed and growling. By the sound of it she's just crashed into some agricultural machinery outside my living room window, but it hasn't slowed her down...
Nocturnal canine collisions permitting, I'm off to bed.

classic33

Leg End Member
9:50pm: Landlady's dog was let out for the evening, heard a blade of grass fall over and went berserk as usual, running down my side of the house at high speed and growling. By the sound of it she's just crashed into some agricultural machinery outside my living room window, but it hasn't slowed her down...
Nocturnal canine collisions permitting, I'm off to bed.
Why would "nocturnal canine collisions" prevent you going to bed. Possibly prevent a full eight hours, but shouldn't prevent you going to bed.

D

Deleted member 1258

For me, it means looking at them and wondering if I can reach.

I have a similar routine, I try not to try and cut them first thing in the morning, thats when bending down is the most difficult.

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
I was moving a big York stone slab today. It's about 5 feet high and so obviously weighs a ton. As I was trying to walk it round to my trolley there was a moment of panic as I lost my footing and I thought "I can't hold this" as it toppled towards me. Fortunately there was a low wall for me to land on so I could keep it from squashing me and I managed to hold it up at about 45 degrees. It took all my strength to get it vertical from there.
Going to have another try tomorrow but will use wooden rollers. Wish me luck. Failing that I'll leave it where it is. :training:

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I picked up the phone to try and talk to a bank about a savings account, expecting a fifteen minute interval of pre-recorded Covid excuses. A real person answered within five rings. He then spent fifteen minutes patiently talking me through a solution while I fumbled about on their website.

I later bought a bottle of Gordons to celebrate my good fortune.

Top Bottom