Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
My smart watch is here. It apparently can email, text, phone people, navigate and pay for stuff. Hopefully it can tell the time ! :laugh:

I've already turned off the 'inactivity alarm' - bloody pesters you if you haven't moved from the desk for an hour !

It's OK for a freebie though !
I wear a cheapo fit band and I've turned off the get up and walk about alarm but before that I switched all the messages off - I'd hear the message or email, etc., on the phone and get a little vibration on the wrist at the same time. I found it quite oppressive being surrounded by alerts, 95% of which have no real interest whatsoever.

tyred

Legendary Member
I'm used to random suggestions from eBay suggesting I buy all sorts of strange objects but it's the first time it's ever suggested a Trabant:wacko:

Speicher

Vice Admiral
What do other people on here regard as the correct etiquette for covid?

On Sunday, I was in someone's way and they asked me to "give me some space". It wasn't a polite way to ask, but I am sure he wasn't trying to be rude, if you get my drift.

Yesterday someone was walking directly towards me. It was one of my neighbours, she was working in her front garden, and I was on the pavement about four yards away. As she was getting very close, I said something like "don't get too close", again not ever so polite but not rudely.
She, in my opinion, over-reacted, pulled a funny face, and said something like, "I've had my first jab" as if I was being completely unreasonable.

I know that I should not take any notice of these two different approaches, but what have other people found?

What do other people on here regard as the correct etiquette for covid?

On Sunday, I was in someone's way and they asked me to "give me some space". It wasn't a polite way to ask, but I am sure he wasn't trying to be rude, if you get my drift.

Yesterday someone was walking directly towards me. It was one of my neighbours, she was working in her front garden, and I was on the pavement about four yards away. As she was getting very close, I said something like "don't get too close", again not ever so polite but not rudely.
She, in my opinion, over-reacted, pulled a funny face, and said something like, "I've had my first jab" as if I was being completely unreasonable.

I know that I should not take any notice of these two different approaches, but what have other people found?

As far as I understand you can have a vaccination but still carry the virus and pass it on.

I always ask people to "keep their distance". I work with people for whom awareness of this is sometimes difficult though. I carry a tape measure for work and have been known to demonstrate what 1.5 m looks like in extreme cases.

classic33

Leg End Member
:eek: There is another house for sale in this street. That is now one "sold subject to contract" one "under offer" and one new on the market. One had new occupants earlier this month. There are only 30 houses in this street.
Did they "disappear"?

20210303_165408.jpg

On the way from work today: my bike in front of a Torii gate.

This is quite appropriate because when I called Beautiful Wife and Daughter I was reminded that in Japan today is Girls Day. Beautiful Daughter was in a cute traditional top and ever resourceful Beautiful Wife, had taught her to play "Twinkle Twinkle little Star" on an improvised Xylophone made from six water glasses with different amounts of water in them.

So Happy Japanese Girls Day...

Last edited:
Top Bottom