Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

12boy

Guru
Reynard, my gourmandy doctor friend, we too are having sweet peppers, garlic, onion, tomatoes, but cooked with sirloin steaks. The steaks were dredged in peppered flour, browned up some, and then will be cooking for hours in a crockpot until the meat is shreddable with a fork. This is called "Swiss Steak" because the steaks are supposed to be "swissed"....beaten to 1/2 thickness with a tenderizing hammer with many little pyramid points on the striking surface. Since ours will be slow cooked that won't be necessary. This will be served with chunks of spuds roasted till floury on the inside and with a golden crust on the outside.

classic33

Leg End Member
Reynard, my gourmandy doctor friend, we too are having sweet peppers, garlic, onion, tomatoes, but cooked with sirloin steaks. The steaks were dredged in peppered flour, browned up some, and then will be cooking for hours in a crockpot until the meat is shreddable with a fork. This is called "Swiss Steak" because the steaks are supposed to be "swissed"....beaten to 1/2 thickness with a tenderizing hammer with many little pyramid points on the striking surface. Since ours will be slow cooked that won't be necessary. This will be served with chunks of spuds roasted till floury on the inside and with a golden crust on the outside.
Do you still practice the age old practice of having a spare place set, should an unexpected visitor turn up?

Speicher

Vice Admiral
I've seen more people who've had one jab wearing masks. I asked one "Why now?" and got the answer that they didn't want to loose any of the vaccine.

Whoever told them they could loose any needs a talking to.

A few weeks ago, I was talking to (at a distance and outdoors) to the window cleaner's assistant. He said he would not have the vaccine because he did not want to "compromise his immunity". I did not know how to begin to explain why that may not be valid reason.

Oooh, that sounds good! :hungry:

I do have a meat tenderizer with those pointy things on it. I usually use it for bashing pork chops into submission when making wiener schnitzel. ^_^

It's time for MOTD.

So it's time for a :cuppa: and a little smackerel of something.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
My ma used to make that. Very good. I made it last fall.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
You'll have to borrow your own SR-71A. They're single seat.
1614813993986.png

Top Bottom