Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
Oh dear I just want to warn you of a covid19 problem.I have not worn anything posh for nearly twelve months.I have been relaxed in loose fitting clothing while relaxing on the sofa.So I am just going out to buy a garden broom,I thought I might put on some nice trousers.Oh dear they have been hanging upside down for nearly a year,soaking up moisture from the house,then the central heating has been on earlier and longer than normal.the result being the waist band has shrunk.Sadly I have to report all my trousers have shrunk I just thought I would share this covid 19 problem with you,be careful.

pawl

Legendary Member
Sorry the area within the CCTV range is not large enough for trees, you can't keep Bonsai outside can you?

Bonsai out side .No the little devils:evil: will sneak in when your not looking :laugh::laugh:

Grey and drizzly here chez Casa Reynard, although the sun is trying its best to put in an appearance.

I have had a kitchen morning again. I steamed the salmon that I'm not turning into gravlax, chopped up and roasted a butternut squash, and have the crock pot locked and loaded with lamb shanks for tonight. And I've sorted the fruit for another batch of marmalade. :hungry:

Anyways, it's lunchtime, and a sausage sandwich awaits! :hungry:

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Well at 2 I have another webinar to attend

I've seen more people who've had one jab wearing masks. I asked one "Why now?" and got the answer that they didn't want to loose any of the vaccine.Whoever told them they could loose any needs a talking to.
had a brief chat w/ a young man working the food counter at a local gas station. (yes, I buy hot sausage & empanadas at a gas station) anyway I made light chit-chat about the procedures for handling the food & he told me about how they've been updated, then I mentioned the whole mask/vaccine thing, to which he replied: "I'll pass" I confirmed with him he doesn't intend to get vaccinated. what are we gonna do with these ppl?

Last edited:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Oh dear I just want to warn you of a covid19 problem.I have not worn anything posh for nearly twelve months.I have been relaxed in loose fitting clothing while relaxing on the sofa.So I am just going out to buy a garden broom,I thought I might put on some nice trousers.Oh dear they have been hanging upside down for nearly a year,soaking up moisture from the house,then the central heating has been on earlier and longer than normal.the result being the waist band has shrunk.Sadly I have to report all my trousers have shrunk I just thought I would share this covid 19 problem with you,be careful.

I'm sure my feet have got wider too - casual shoes/no shoes for 12 months. No smart shoes worn - think I'm going to have trouble when I do go back.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Hmm,

When ever Mother In Law thinks about anything on Amazon, it's always me that has to order it.

Cryptic phone call just now (bear in mind she's 85 and has suffered a stroke so her speech isn't fab and she gets things muddled up.

I've just seen this about Amazon Warehouse .... then she reads the blurb about it being new returns/damaged packages.

Me "And yes I know about the Warehouse"

Can you get something for the baby ?

Me "What baby and get what" (she has 1 baby great granddaughter and one on the way)

Alycia's can you order a pram or trolly ? (WTF do I know about prams - it's 21 years since I bought one)

I then explained that people are very fussy about prams, and they can cost a thousand pounds ! I also explained that both their cars are small so she'd need something to fit. I did suggest she speaks to her daughter, Alycia's mum and ask her what her daughter needs for the baby. She then said she couldn't afford £1,000 - that's why she's best talking to her daughter, not the Uncle. :wacko:

Because she's seen some advert for Amazon, it's my responsibility. SIL can use Amazon too.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1258

I have a similar problem, but I don't think its to do with the trousers, I think its more to do with the half a stone I have gained, :sad: it looks like shall have to get back on the bike regular again.

Top Bottom