Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
As far as I understand you can have a vaccination but still carry the virus and pass it on.

I always ask people to "keep their distance". I work with people for whom awareness of this is sometimes difficult though. I carry a tape measure for work and have been known to demonstrate what 1.5 m looks like in extreme cases.

1.5 meters. That's one of me.

Maybe I can have a second career as a measuring stick. :laugh:

As far as I understand you can have a vaccination but still carry the virus and pass it on.
this is gonna get weird, quickly. 2 ppl I work with were having lunch together in our conference room, sitting at opposite ends of the 15' table. no masks. they've both had 2 shots, 1 is an elderly care giver & the other a cancer survivor. but "these two ppl" like to take their masks off in the conference room anyway. back in August I had to ask them to put them back on, which they did promptly. back to yesterday, I came out of the washroom (w/ my mask on) & made the mistake of saying hello, which prompted a 10 minute convo I felt obligated to remain for, at the door way, more than 6' from either. as the convo progressed I became more uncomfortable being in their presence. I am eager for my vaccine shots & taking my mask off but I'm unsure how the general public will react as more ppl get vaccinated

Speicher

Vice Admiral

I always ask people to "keep their distance". I work with people for whom awareness of this is sometimes difficult though. I carry a tape measure for work and have been known to demonstrate what 1.5 m looks like in extreme cases.

I had my first jab (Astra Zeneca) three weeks ago. This gives me, is it 70 or 80% protection against the virus. Not sure yet, when the second jab will be. I still prefer to err on the side of caution. The lady next door is a Teacher. She will be in contact with parents who may be carrying the virus.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
this is gonna get weird, quickly. 2 ppl I work with were having lunch together in our conference room, sitting at opposite ends of the 15' table. no masks. they've both had 2 shots, 1 is an elderly care giver & the other a cancer survivor. but "these two ppl" like to take their masks off in the conference room anyway. back in August I had to ask them to put them back on, which they did promptly. back to yesterday, I came out of the washroom (w/ my mask on) & made the mistake of saying hello, which prompted a 10 minute convo I felt obligated to remain for, at the door way, more than 6' from either. as the convo progressed I became more uncomfortable being in their presence. I am eager for my vaccine shots & taking my mask off but I'm unsure how the general public will react as more ppl get vaccinated

Yes, it is going to get complicated. Older people will have had their second jab, before younger ones have had their first one. I think people will have to get used to other people pointing out when they are too close, and not making a fuss about those requests.

Are you a "smart" one though!

I have a PhD in mechanical engineering. Ergo I am Dr Reynard. Will that do? :scratch:

classic33

Leg End Member
Yes, it is going to get complicated. Older people will have had their second jab, before younger ones have had their first one. I think people will have to get used to other people pointing out when they are too close, and not making a fuss about those requests.
I've seen more people who've had one jab wearing masks. I asked one "Why now?" and got the answer that they didn't want to loose any of the vaccine.

Whoever told them they could loose any needs a talking to.

Top Bottom