Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Am watching the European Indoor Athletics.

The championship is in Torun. The mascot for the championship is a Katarzynka, which is a type of gingerbread. :laugh:

Torun is very famous for its gingerbread i.e. piernik.

I now have the horrors for Katarzynki...

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Morning well I think it is time I got up and did a few chilly miles .
See ya in a while crocodiles :laugh:

Morning.
It is dry here at the moment but it looks like we have had a hard frost .
I'm a bit puzzled about Sturmey Archer gearing . :wacko:. I used one once briefly way back in the 60's. What I'm confused about is in which way it operates! Does it gear up or down ? If you were to start in first would that be like direct drive from the chainring to rear sprocket or would that be lower than 1:1? :wacko: As you go up through the gears is it like overdrive ? :wacko:
It's something that I've never needed to bother about before !

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Morning.
It is dry here at the moment but it looks like we have had a hard frost .
I'm a bit puzzled about Sturmey Archer gearing . :wacko:. I used one once briefly way back in the 60's. What I'm confused about is in which way it operates! Does it gear up or down ? If you were to start in first would that be like direct drive from the chainring to rear sprocket or would that be lower than 1:1? :wacko: As you go up through the gears is it like overdrive ? :wacko:
It's something that I've never needed to bother about before !
There's one lower, middle is direct and top is an overdrive,

View: https://youtu.be/ARd-Om2VyiE

They rely on where the power is applied and where the out put it taken from, SA hubs have 2 'freewheels' within them (that's why they 'tick' in second and 3rd

Top Bottom