Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
This morning someone has parked on our spare land driveway,not too bothered but they have blocked off the gate,i cannot gain access to my land allotment garden
is it a regular occurance? or a one time event? in similar situations I've left a note using the most kindness I can muster

+1 to that. If they're selecting it as their own drive, particularly if they're difficult, you're welcome to block them in as long as you don't obstruct the public highway.
I live in a condo complex, in an end unit, so it's popular to park way up in the corner of our lot, right behind my space. I can get in but backing out is quite difficult with someone's vehicle there. I have to resist the urges to do similar. Wifey on the other hand just backs into them, denting their vehicles. she's done it twice, both by accident. neither party ever filed a claim because they knew they were parked illegally

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
@rockyroller - where @postman is (I'm guessing given his location) is likely to be a private house with double driveway - which makes it easier to work out whose house it is. Park outside mine, as I've a 2/3 car drive, and it's clear. With apartments or a condo working out who to apologise to / argue with may be harder which is why I can see why your wife just reverses. Not that I condone it.

postman

Legendary Member
Sorted had a word he had been working at a house near us.He thought it was part of the highway,i told him he needed to be more observant as all the gardens were different,he also said i ought to put up No Parking signs,i raised my voice a bit and told him we did not mind people parking because the road is narrow,but we would like to be asked.Mrs P is going to order some No Parking signs.I cannot put up a photo because the file is too large,but what we have in our street we face a wood,So you have house, garden, wall, pavement road.Then the wood or copse.Ours has been cleared pebbles down parking for two cars.A gate and two pieces of fence then a woodland area 70 foot or more long,one side a small picket fence in good condition right side a low new hedge so all the land is enclosed,how he did not notice i fail to understand.Anyway No Parking signs are going up.but what a f you attitude he had.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
I have watches (given to me as gifts), but I never wear them. If I need to know the time, and there isn't a clock on a wall nearby, I look at my phone. When I have put on a watch (usually only the day I receive it as a gift), it feels really strange and heavy on my wrist. I suppose it's what you get used to.

But do you not have a pocket watch in your waistcoat pocket?

postman

Legendary Member
IMG_20210306_132035.jpg

Top Bottom