Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...

Anyone want some Cheesecake? 🤔

Yellow stickering successfully negotiated. I was the only one there for finals, so had first dibs on everything. Unfortunately, the large tray of sausages that I had my eye on never came back out. Kind of peeved, because I fancied some sausage sandwiches...

I did pick up smoked salmon, sliced cooked chicken, yoghurts, new potatoes, green beans, tomatoes, mushrooms, pak choi, mange tout, apples, pears, oranges, bananas and strawberries. ^_^

Paid 56p for 3kg of bananas. Need to think of something to do with bananas...

Anyways, I'm now sat watching the snooker. Not fussed who wins out of Selby and Murphy, just want to see a good final session.

Tribansman

Veteran
Paid 56p for 3kg of bananas. Need to think of something to do with bananas...
I followed @biggs682's suggestion a couplen of weeks back and made a banana crumble, it was divine.

Other suggestions, bake them in foil with rum and cinnamon; make a large batch of banana and peanut butter, or mashed banana, chocolate chip and tahini 'jam'; banana pancakes; banana bread and butter pudding with banana custard

I like love am slightly obssessed with bananas!

I followed @biggs682's suggestion a couplen of weeks back and made a banana crumble, it was divine.

Other suggestions, bake them in foil with rum and cinnamon; make a large batch of banana and peanut butter, or mashed banana, chocolate chip and tahini 'jam'; banana pancakes; banana bread and butter pudding with banana custard

I like love am slightly obssessed with bananas!

I was already thinking along the lines of a crumble or baked bananas with creme fraiche. :blush: And I've got a good recipe for banana bread, so yeah, not without options.

The chap doing the reductions was putting all the loose single bananas that were on the shelf into large packs and marking them down. At that price, it would have been rude not to :laugh:

Top Bottom