Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Lashing it down here in Hamtun!
I might take the fish out for a walk soon.

It's taken me about 3 hours to get nice and toasty. But I've got there!
(File under talking of toast.)
Sainsbury used to sell a French recipe loaf baked in their in store bakeries.
It was good, good crumb, not airy and took a golden toast in all but the worst electric toasters.
I've seen no better here for a heavier white bread.

Cheeters sorbet. My neighbour makes it and its good. It's not a proper sorbet but whatever it is it's nice and keeps for a month in the freezer.
No I don't know how she makes it.

Most sorbets are usually pulped fruit, sugar and whisked egg whites.

But getting that into my freezer might be a bit, euhm, problematic... :blush:

On the flip side, a friend has agreed to take half of them off my hands. Well, a problem shared is a problem halved after all :laugh:

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
I followed @biggs682's suggestion a couplen of weeks back and made a banana crumble, it was divine.

Other suggestions, bake them in foil with rum and cinnamon; make a large batch of banana and peanut butter, or mashed banana, chocolate chip and tahini 'jam'; banana pancakes; banana bread and butter pudding with banana custard

I like love am slightly obssessed with bananas!
Bananas Foster.https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ree-drummond/bananas-foster-recipe-1977801

Can't you get a bigger fridge/freezer?

That's a very dangerous thing to suggest to a yellow sticker-er. :laugh:

I used to have two freezers, but decided not to replace the one that went t*ts up, purely on the basis that it would stop me from picking up stuff on sticker and saying "oh, I'll pop that in the freezer" and then never use it etc...

The broken freezer is now used for storing boxes of cat food.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member

classic33

Leg End Member
That's a very dangerous thing to suggest to a yellow sticker-er. :laugh:

I used to have two freezers, but decided not to replace the one that went t*ts up, purely on the basis that it would stop me from picking up stuff on sticker and saying "oh, I'll pop that in the freezer" and then never use it etc...

The broken freezer is now used for storing boxes of cat food.
You'll have removed the pump and radiator from the broken freezer.

Top Bottom