Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Time for a few miles me thinks ^_^
Back home
Showered
First cuppa drank

That takes me way, way back to my misspent youth "Asti Spumante" it was more commonly called "Nasty Spewuppi"xx(

I can't believe you of any cc'er drank during your youth

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
A piece of pine dowel works very well if you sand it to a chamfer and whack it into the handle.
Champagne corks make good plugs. I lost mine while touring a couple of years ago and the bar tape started to unwind so I popped into a pub and asked for a cork. It did the job admirabubbly.

EDIT: I was playing catch up and didn't realise the subject had been thoroughly discussed in following posts.

Last edited:
Good red wine 14% abv is €2 a litre in a 10 ltr. box from my very good friends not far from here. Water in a bottle from the supermarket is much the same price or possibly more if it's the sparkly variety. What am l going to drink ? l ask you :wacko:
The wine of course, water is for washing the bikes and cars with, I think animals drink it too. My local wine emporium secured many cubic metres of Châteauneuf-du-Pape last year and are flogging it for €2.40/L.
They bought it from a négociant whose market for the US had collapsed due to the punitive tariffs enforced because of the Airbus Boeing trade war. Apparently it is usually sent for bottling in the US, when it runs out I will be bereft.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
It's nearly a year since any alcohol passed my lips.

I did have a steak & ale pie, once, but I don't think that counts...

The wine of course, water is for washing the bikes and cars with, I think animals drink it too. My local wine emporium secured many cubic metres of Châteauneuf-du-Pape last year and are flogging it for €2.40/L.
They bought it from a négociant whose market for the US had collapsed due to the punitive tariffs enforced because of the Airbus Boeing trade war. Apparently it is usually sent for bottling in the US, when it runs out I will be bereft.
Oooh, now that sounds like a real bargain .🍷

Top Bottom