Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
@biggs682 Have you seen the new plane at Sywell? I'm not sure what it is and it's a bit dark when I go past.
Yes it's been there for a while now but now they have swapped positions you can see it .

It looks like a small private jet so not sure how it fits in with the museum.

My in laws had a phone line problem.An old lady died in a flat next door.The family asked for the phone to be cut off.My mother in law got a letter confirming line would be cut off from such a date her phone not the flats.So Mrs P tried to sort it out.BT would not accept the address was a block of eight flats next door it seems they had no record of these flats despite providing phone lines to most of them felling useless they were.So Mrs P had a right go,she got apologies flowers and compo for her mother.

We had a similar experience when we tried to get the phone line restored. At the time we lived at number 5 on the Main Road in our village, called the "Hauptstrasse" in German. Our village also came under the Stuttgart code. Not entirely surprisingly, the city of Stuttgart has a "Hauptstrasse" as well. For three months or so the people on the other end of the phone insisted on looking at the phone code and assuming that we lived in an apartment in Stuttgart, sending someone to connect the wires and insisting we weren't there. Eventually I realised what must have been happening but it took a lot of shouting before someone finally realised.

We were connected in five minutes.

classic33

Leg End Member
We had a similar experience when we tried to get the phone line restored. At the time we lived at number 5 on the Main Road in our village, called the "Hauptstrasse" in German. Our village also came under the Stuttgart code. Not entirely surprisingly, the city of Stuttgart has a "Hauptstrasse" as well. For three months or so the people on the other end of the phone insisted on looking at the phone code and assuming that we lived in an apartment in Stuttgart, sending someone to connect the wires and insisting we weren't there. Eventually I realised what must have been happening but it took a lot of shouting before someone finally realised.

We were connected in five minutes.
Now if you had the phone you'd not sound as horse today.

Warm today, with sunny intervals chez Casa Reynard. Though there are some very big dark clouds around and about.

Moved firewood this morning and had a few kitchen duties, but I am now watching the MotoGP from Le Mans.

It is the first time I've watched the bikes live since it went behind the paywall, but for some reason it's live and free on ITV4 all of a sudden. Would be rude not to...

Ooops, I didn't mean to eat nearly a third of a large loaf of bread for lunch. :blush: (that I'd baked yesterday)

Trouble was, it was absolutely lush with butter, schmear and home made lox. :hungry:

Phew that was a bit exhausting. I only did 6 miles but it felt more like 18 . I took the Apollo CX10 for a test ride . I had to turn back after a short distance as the bars started to rotate in the clamp . I went back home and made a thin shim out of aluminium sheet and tightened the bolt right up . My second ride felt better. The riding position is more upright. The forks are more or less straight and I had to be careful as the front wheel can catch your toes when turning . The gearing is a bit strange ! I couldn't find a gear which suited me . It was either too high or too low . The riding position is a bit like a scrambler with the upright position and the steering is very direct. I have discovered that I don't like flat bars as my hands started to tingle , I prefer drops where I can keep moving around .

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
Phew that was a bit exhausting. I only did 6 miles but it felt more like 18 . I took the Apollo CX10 for a test ride . I had to turn back after a short distance as the bars started to rotate in the clamp . I went back home and made a thin shim out of aluminium sheet and tightened the bolt right up . My second ride felt better. The riding position is more upright. The forks are more or less straight and I had to be careful as the front wheel can catch your toes when turning . The gearing is a bit strange ! I couldn't find a gear which suited me . It was either too high or too low . The riding position is a bit like a scrambler with the upright position and the steering is very direct. I have discovered that I don't like flat bars as my hands started to tingle , I prefer drops where I can keep moving around .
Having looked at the specs on Apollo bikes, I'm willing to bet it's not a light bike by any stretch of the imagination.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
What a wet & miserable morning it's been. Constant cloud & frequent heavy showers gave me the perfect excuse to sit around and do nothing except listen to the radio & have a couple of cuppas before work. However, since the last shower cleared through just before 2pm it's been a lovely afternoon of sunshine & light winds. Guess who started work at 2pm & got soaked on the way in?

classic33

Leg End Member
What a wet & miserable morning it's been. Constant cloud & frequent heavy showers gave me the perfect excuse to sit around and do nothing except listen to the radio & have a couple of cuppas before work. However, since the last shower cleared through just before 2pm it's been a lovely afternoon of sunshine & light winds. Guess who started work at 2pm & got soaked on the way in?
That last part's tricky, any clues?

Top Bottom