Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
It looks rather grey outside.

Do I go to get the bread now or later?

Decisions, decisions...
Never put off 'til tomorrow, something you should be doing today,
or you'll end up putting off your whole life away.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Phew that was a bit exhausting. I only did 6 miles but it felt more like 18 . I took the Apollo CX10 for a test ride . I had to turn back after a short distance as the bars started to rotate in the clamp . I went back home and made a thin shim out of aluminium sheet and tightened the bolt right up . My second ride felt better. The riding position is more upright. The forks are more or less straight and I had to be careful as the front wheel can catch your toes when turning . The gearing is a bit strange ! I couldn't find a gear which suited me . It was either too high or too low . The riding position is a bit like a scrambler with the upright position and the steering is very direct. I have discovered that I don't like flat bars as my hands started to tingle , I prefer drops where I can keep moving around .
Is it a 'Jump' spec bike, my Saracen is like a motocrosser without an engine. It orignally looked like this

1621249598456.png

but a few 'mods.and a custom made 600mm seatpost turned it into this

I almost put tomato ketchup in my coffee and milk in my corned beef sandwich ! :ohmy:. :wacko:

Last edited:
Still, mild and grey here chez Casa Reynard, but the sun is *trying* to break through the cloud cover. How long this will last, I don't know, as the horizon is very dark and hazy.

I did take advantage of the dry morning to cut some grass, so the garden does look a lot neater. Although I've left the big drifts of forget-me-nots as they're so pretty. I always wait till they've run to seed before cutting those.

Am hoping to be able to pick up the car from the garage at tea time, although that's dependent on whether they've finished fitting the brakes and whether it's raining or not.

Top Bottom