Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Warm, grey and very blustery here chez Casa Reynard.

I have rounded up the ingredients to make alphabet soup, so that will be my task for this afternoon. This morning, I have concentrated on the writing, and i have also watched Bargain Hunt.

My black bag has been collected this morning, but the green wheelie bin has not been emptied yet. They've been a day or two late doing that since the summer. No matter, it'll be emptied when it's emptied.

Anyways, it's almost time for luncheon.

Oh, and my desk light went *BANG* this morning. Cue one very startled cat.

Nothing a new bulb and a new 3 amp fuse couldn't solve. Just as well I didn't take back that bulb I bought the other week. ^_^

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Typical West Highland day again. Wet but no wind and not too cold.
Finished most of my shopping and got a haircut so that should be me set for a few months.
Text from Calmac that there is so much traffic that the Fishnish/Lochaline has to do extra runs so not running to timetable. On the Oban run we have a smaller boat MV Isle of Arran which does not help. The passenger lift which is for disabled only use broke down so the crew had to carry a wheelchair downstairs to the car deck. I cannot get up or down stairs too well now so I hope they get it fixed by tomorrow. These lifts seem to break down frequently. On most boats they are crew controlled as lazy people and some with dogs think they are entitled to use them. If the dog cannot manage the stairs it should be left in the vehicle.
Shopping trolleys can be a menace also and when my wife was in a wheelchair I remember one occasion when they blocked access completely. Fortunately I had another wheelchair user in front who was not afraid to use strong language and some accidental ramming of legs to clear the antisocial b---s out of the way.:ohmy:

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Come to France Mr. B yesterday 49,000 new cases in UK and in France just over 1,000 ....there must be Cummins/Onan dealerships here :sad:
The Covid app (Zoe, with a pool of over 4 million subscribers) gives a daily figure of 78,993. Government figures lag by around a week, Zoe by around a day. Government didn't update delta symptoms, Zoe did. This can't fully explain the discrepancy but if you don't inform people what they should be looking for they won't know what they've got.

pawl

Legendary Member
I live in a Covid hot spot :sad:
Good job I keep myself to myself

That is about the only way of staying safe Just been to the updated Fosse park face masks social distancing Abu as rare as hens teeth .It’s not surprising Covid rates continue to rise.

Covid has got a bit close to home Fourteen year old GD tested positive Couple next door tested positive infected by their GD

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
That is about the only way of staying safe Just been to the updated Fosse park face masks social distancing Abu as rare as hens teeth .It’s not surprising Covid rates continue to rise.

Covid has got a bit close to home Fourteen year old GD tested positive Couple next door tested positive infected by their GD
Not good at all

Top Bottom